65% or 80% letoff?

troutsniffer

This year I sold a Swithback and bought a Drenalin. I have trouble holding it steady when drawn. My Switchback had a 80% letoff cam. My question for all you experts is, do you think the letoff is the difference or is the Drenalin less forgiving because it is lighter and shorter axle to axle? Or did my technique get worse from last year to this year? Thanks for any suggestions. By the way, both bows were set up with the same accessories.

If you have gone from 80% let off to 65% you might not be use to it yet. 65% let off at 70 lbs is a lot of weight to hold back

The drenalin is also a lighter bow. it has been my experience that a heaver bow will hold more stable. Same goes for a longer axle to axle.

The drenalin is a very nice hunting bow if you use it for that you won't be disappointed.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I agree with swbuckmaster, and would add that you could add some weight to the side of the bow. This will serve two purposes; offset some of the weight of the quiver and get the mass weight back to what you are used to.

The Drenalin and the Switchback should both have 80% let off cams, unless you special ordered 65%. I don't think that is the problem. What you experienced is the exact reason why I have not sold my Switchback and bought a Drenalin. I simply couldn't hold the Dren as steady and shoot it als well. I like a little extra weight.

I use an offset bar with a small stabilizer. You can also use one side of a v-bar bracket. these are taget archery acessories and should be available at your local pro shop.

BP says The Drenalin and the Switchback should both have 80% let off cams, unless you special ordered 65%.

If the dren and switchback are like my LX they both have 65% and 80% it just depends on where you put your draw stop screw.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I have continued to have trouble shooting this bow. I took it back to the pro shop where I bought it. They were a huge amount of help! They retuned it, put on a heavier stabilizer, and worked with me on my technique. I can now shoot it as well or better than my Switchback. For an ameteur like me it is good I bought my bow at a local shop rather than the internet. Thanks again for all that had suggestions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom