7-Ultra Mag

brdhuntr

Thinking of getting one for Idaho Elk hunting and Mule deer. Anyone own one or any thoughts would be appreciated.

I had one, and sold it shortly after I bought it. Didn't like the kick, so put a muzzle brake on it, and it was too loud, especially if you have other guys close by to hear the blast.

I thought that I had a better rifle in the .300 win mag, and if you don't like the mags, I like the .270 the best.

I guess they work just like all rifles do, but it seemed to be too much for my tastes in cartridges.

I like mine...

nnl.gif

GO HEELS!

I ahve had one for several years and love it. Good long range gun. I put a HS Precision stock on mine so the recoil is not as bad.It does have recoil but not as bad as a 300 win mag. The bullets are expensive but i reload. My gun will shoot 7/8 to 1 inch groups with the remington 140 grain ammo. Mine is in a remington 700 stainless. With the hs precision stock and the 26 inch barrel it is not a lightweight gun but i really like it.

Wow...

Buddy of mine has one. I've shot it more
than he has, but I watched him shoot a deer
with it in NM at fairly long range.

Buck REALLY thought it kicked to much....

What the hell aint overbore these days.
The 7RUM got a bum rap from the get'go
because of reloading issues. It's a great
round. I've tried to purchase his several times
but he won't come off of it. The reloading issues
have long been resolved.

I'd like to have'me a 7RUM....

Larry

I have the Remington Sendero chambered in the 7mm ultra mag. As you can probably guess from my handle, I love it. I put a Barnes muzzle break on it and the recoil is much less than my 270. It dropped a moose in it's tracks as it has everything else I've shot at. I am very confident out to 450 yards and if I spent more time, could match my friend who with the same gun is consistently hitting his mark at 700 yards.
Plan on wearing hearing protection when target shooting, but I have not be bothered by the noise when hunting. Maybe too much adrenaline...

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME RIFLE AS ULTRA7MM AND HAVE THE SAME THING TO SAY ABOUT THE RECOIL AND IS PERFORMANCE. ITS FREAKEN AWESOME OH YA!!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-09 AT 07:59PM (MST)[p]I have the same rifle as ULTRA7MM and NMHUNTER1. By far my favorite rifle that I own. Best shooting factory gun I have ever had. This is my go to gun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom