9 Mule Deer points

There is no guarantee that you will draw anything with 9 bonus points as you COULD pull the worst 82 random draw numbers availible.

But really, it's gonna be determined on what you're looking for, early, late, roadless.

With horses and (a desire to hunt remote country?) I'd look at these 5; Unit 6 or Unit 7 early and plan on hunting the high country, Jarbridge wilderness, Unit 10 early and hunting either the Rubys or East Humboldts, or two others I've never been in, Unit 16 early and pack in or Unit 17, early and pack in. There is alot of info on 16 and 17 on here, and lots of people that might help you decide if you PM them.

And with 9 bonus points, you should be able to draw.

Me? with those points, I'd apply for what i would consider to be better hunts, at least my first 4 choices.

Good luck!

I would be going crazy if I had that many points.

why dont you apply with me and we will share them

Look at the mount rose unit. Some of the biggest bucks you will ever see and possibly bigger than anyones in magazines are up there. I haven't hunted it but there are MONSTERS. I only hunt unit 16 and only do archery and man if you like to bowhunt, you will see bucks like crazy and there are some smokers too! I wouldn't do 17 though.

I am going to disagree with califelkslayer for one reason. I love the Ruby Mountains, and love to hunt them, but don't waste 9 points on an early hunt in them. Not that there are not huge bucks in there at this time, and horses would help get you to them, but it is a tag that you can draw with 0 or 1 point. Do some research, look at draw odds, how others have done in the units you want to apply for, don't apply for units that are easier to draw with that many points. If you have your heart set on 10, use your points this year for a harder to draw unit and apply in 10 next year.

MarshallBill, I agree that he's "over pointed" for the Rubys except maybe the late hunt BUT he mentioned stock so I led him to the units I know horses would benefit him. Plus it's a fun hunt, seeing 50-75 bucks a day although frustrating when you can't find "the" buck.

114 would be another area. the Jacksons in 035 would be another. The options are endless, why I love Nevada.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-12 AT 09:25AM (MST)[p]Before you go applying fro 194-196, I would look at the new regs. They are changing the hunt boundary for that area. Thought you would like to know. With that being said, I will agree that some of the biggest bucks I have ever seen are in that area.

16 is a great area if you like to walk, or use horses, and get deep into the country. Not too many people, and great bucks.

I will also agree that you should NOT waste 9 points on a 10 early tag. It is a great, fun hunt. And, not to mention, absolutely beautiful. But, I would go with the harder to draw areas. Just my .02

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom