A few off range oryx

Awesome photos! Finding that many unbroken oryx off-range is an accomplishment. I'm also curious about the photos. What were you using for a scope and what was the approximate distance you were taking the photos from? The photos are quite nice, and I have been working on perfecting my spotting scope photos, and I was curious what setup you are using. Again, great job.

All the photos were taken at just over 200 yards. The scope I'm using is a vortex viper non HD 20-60x80. And the camera is just a droid RAZR HD phone camera. I took the free phoneskope type case that came with spotter and cut off the eyepiece bell and glued it on a cheap eBay cover. The weakest point is my tripod. It was a little breezy that day and it really moves that big spotter on a cheap tripod. I also got some cool videos of them. I would like to try and find a way to mount my digital camera to my scope without spending an arm and a leg on an adapter.

These pics were taken from right around 500 yards. scope was set at 20/25 power. I had the mount for my phone a little crooked so every time I zoomed in with scope the phone screen would not capture image. But that's been fixed.

Those are awesome photos for having been taken with a cell phone! I'm all about the Vortex optics as well. I have the 15x Viper HD binos and they are amazing for the money. Thanks again for the cool pics.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom