A New Gun Maker

YELUM

Long Time Member
My cousins husband became a gunsmith and his first customer asked him to build a gun. This is what he got. Guns and Gunsmiths even published an article on it.

A Remington 700, in a300 Win Mag.
2073gun3.jpg

3168gun2.jpg

It has TAC 21 tactical chassis from Accuracy International. a Remington 700 receiver. Remington 700 chambered in the 300 Win Mag?I with the long action Magnum receiver, he turned to Brownell?s to buy the Shilen stainless steel barrel, in a .308 rechambered in 300 Win Mag, and it was the first barrel he ever rechambered. The gun has so little recoil?less than a .22 rifle. It has a 26 inch barrel and a 2 inch Armalite tank brake, a Magpul PRS buttstock, and just a regular M4 carbine pistol grip.

The new owner wasn?t sure what finish he wanted?he said he wanted it camouflaged, but not looking camouflaged. That didn't make a lot of sense, but he told him he'd would see what he could do. They agreed on the Magpul Flat Dark Earth Cerokote. He then pulled off all the accessories and made them Graphite Black Cerokote.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

I could just see me now.... sneaking through the pines in search of a wapiti with that rifle "platform" in my hands!

They say there's a Jack for every Jill.

No doubt, Yelum, that it's an marvelous piece but the more classic look is just a better fit for me.

That rifle style has certainly become very popular with the younger para-military guys though.

I'm too old to appreciate it in a hunting application, I guess.

Zeke

And how much does it cost?!

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

Wait a minute, Less recoil than a .22? I don't know about that, what is he shooting subsonic .300 Win mag rounds :)

What did he do to reduce the recoil? Looks like a bolt action, Is there some kind of spring in the buttstock that absorbs the recoil?

Neat, but as an old timer I'm afraid I have to go along with the comments Zeke made and stay with my trusty bolt guns!!!

I would shoot it. However I would probably not carry it in the field. My thumbhole stock is about as close to this I would go for hunting but its a beautiful rifle.

Elkmandan; I was having problems believing that low of recoil myself until I took another look at the two photos.

In the first photo the outer upper part of the stock is up against the rear of the receiver. In the lower photo, you now see a gap of about 1 inch between those two points that may indicate a hydraulic ram type system built into the stock that will absorb recoil. Just a guess on my part based on the two photos.
RELH

I would hunt with it.
10 round mag is what the doctor ordered.
It a Bada$$ looking gun for sure.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom