A Utah Taxidermist

J

Jake_Sorensen

Does Anyone know or is anyone a taxidermist in Utah preferably from Provo to logan that does good elk head mounts for a fairly low price, I just got married a couple months ago so money is tight but I really want to get my first elk mounted. Thanks!

Jake

A good friend of mine, and co-worker, owns a taxidermy business in Davis COunty. His name is Chad Evans...if you are interested I can get you his information. I think his price on a full shoulder mount elk is around $800.00..but it might a bit less than that....i cant remember for sure. He does really good work and is honest guy to work with. He normally requires a deposit...Ive had him do some work for me and some friends and Ive been pleased....

hey Tuffbucker thanks for the info could you email me his contact info so I could call him and get a quote anyone else that does taxidermy work or know some one if you could email me their info and (if possible)a pic of some work they have done for you and about how much it cost you that would be great. my email is [email protected].

thanks Jake

Ken Kirkham in Orem...Rocky Mountain Taxidermy. He is right behind the Orem city offices. I've had him do several deer and antelope and he does a great job. Not sure what he charges for an elk.

Paul Pennie in Alpine (801)361-1890. He is actually quite reasonable as far as prices go. He has done some amazing work.

Jim Campbell in wellsville does some awesome work he charges 795 for elk and 495 for deer i had him do a duck for me 2 years ago and needless to say its exactly what i wanted he does a great job and guarantees his work. The place is called Campbell Taxidermy and the phone number is 435-245-6946.

BBH

Dave Butts is your guy. He did my turkey and it ONLY took him 3 1/2 years. He charged me a $10 late fee for not picking it up the week he called but it looks great. My buddy took him an elk in 95 and when he gets it back I'm sure it will look good too.

If your a little less patient you can call Dirk Barnes @801-985-1738. He's honest and his work is a little better. :)

My friend, Mike Christensen, in American Fork does a nice job. I keep telling him he is way to cheap priced for the quality and he has gotten my animals back to me in 5 months or so. I don't have his phone number, but he is in the phone book.

Saw your pic on the elk forum, nice bull.

Brady Nelson from Mendon is great, Jim Campbell can be an ars and he cost to much. Brady is dang good and at a good price. Brady Nelson Taxidermy 753-7658

just a word of advice stay away for master taxadermy
he started 2 bears for me and never finish them there at wildlife creations now and he seems to be a good hand

Dude, good elk head and low price do not go in the same sentence. Your elk is nice and take my advice, don't skimp. This will cost you probably $800 or more. Take the advice others have given you, they are satisfied customers. There are way too many garage taxidermists and way too many of them suck.

Ouch!!! Unfortunately, even though I am a part-time "garage" taxidermist, and I do believe my work is better than par, in most cases ktc is right. Go with the guy you know will do a good job for you. Saving a couple of hundred bucks isn't worth having to look at a piece of crap on the wall for the rest of your life. Go with the guy with the good reputation, or you'll just be rolling the dice.

I just wanna pay for a good mount that will look good and that I won't have to pay out the wazoo for, what are most taxidermist payment requirements/Plans, this is my first elk and so I need as much info as possible.

Jake

Nothing personal nmtaxi. There are some good garage guys. You hit the nail on the head in your post. Look for proven work where ever you can find it.

Take the 1 1/2 drive to coalville and chat with this Dean Shultz the owner of this shop you won't be disappointed, also as mentioned earlier don't take you mount to master taxidermy in SLC I have seen some of there work what a joke they give all full or part time taxidermist a bad name!

I didn't take it personal. I've seen enought bad work out there to not take offense. But, a lot of times, that really bad work comes from some of the biggest "professional" shops around. It amazes me how somebody can do something for 20 or 30 years and still be bad at it. I've also seen unbelievable work from part-timers who've only been doing it a few years. Just be sure to see the person's work before you let them do your animal. And if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

Jake,

Here's the number for Evans Taxidermy (801)776-3738 or you can contact the owner, Chad on his cell--(801)230-8039. HE does a really good job and he's a good guy to work for.....and Im not just saying that cause his a friend of mine....I wouldn't endorse his work if I didnt think he did a good job....if you decide to call him, tell him Scott referred you.

Scott

The people at bountiful Archery do a awesome job, you can walk in and thru thier photo albums and see some mounts on the walls as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom