A zone stag buck

• Thread starter coastal_blacktail_hunter
  • Start date
C

coastal_blacktail_hunter

Well this year got off to a slow start,the private land I've been hunting in San Luis Obispo county was going to tied up for the first three weeks of season.The land owner has a lady friend that wanted to shoot her first buck.There wasn't much I could do but wait.I eventually called to see what was going on,the property owner said that she hasn't seen any bucks,but I could come out and hunt in the mornings.I went out the third weekend of the deer season,I arrived at the ranch before sunlight.Just as soon as I could see I walked down through the creek bed that seperates the property and up the bank.Up accross the field 250 yards were three bucks on a dirt road that goes up to a walnut orchard.I slowly crawled on my hands and knees to get to a vantage point.After glassing the three I noticed one was real different,it looked like it was still in velvet being a typical forked horn about 18 inches wide,but it had several extra trash points on the left side.At that note I decided to harvest him!!When I got him home and was skinning him I noticed he had no testicles!Man was I surprised.I shot mt first stag!!I was not able to down load the picture,if someone can e-mail me I will send it to you to down load.
my e-mail address is glongfellow@earthlink net. thanks

Here is Gary's Stag Buck picture, congrats to you Gary.
41b4a623190686ee.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom