abortion

oldoregon

Very Active Member
I'm going out on a limb here:

Why are some of you so abhorred by the removal of a few cells of genetic material from a woman womb, but in the same breath condone the outright mass slaughter of THOUSANDS of perfectly innocent men women and children at the hands of america?

Can you explain how the two are morally equal? The issue of abortion is one that has been debated, discussed and remains legal as of today. People have a right to dislike it or even demand that it be outlawed, unless you know something I don't about the Constitution. I think it clearly defines peoples right to oppose just about anything.

To compare going to war with abortion is an ugly distortion and outright disservice to the men and women in uniform. You have the right to disagree with the reason for going and even to hold in contempt the leaders who sent men and women there. For you to make an argument comparing the two is stupid. It is like comparing jet engines and giraffes.

Nemont

Pretty much what NeMont said.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

Oldoregon.....this is the second time in 2 days that you have taken a slam at America, you put an F bomb in your first one, so it is gone, but I'll repeat my reply.

This country has enough outsiders running it down and we don't need anyone here helping them. You live here, reap the benifits of our freedoms and want to criticize.....I don't get it.

No, we're not perfect, but when you add up the history, who is better? You have a right to your opinion, but if you really don't like it here, why not leave? You mentioned in your other post, how much you enjoyed the mideast......need a one way ticket?

I'm an old redneck, disabled Veteran and I don't tolerate anti Americanism real well. If you were standing in front of me this week, I'd be obligated to piss on you.

very well put nickman, if u dont like it here GTFO. atleast its still a freedom here we can leave whenever we choose

Is this the OldOregon that a couple of years ago was about ready to kick the chit out of the whippersnapper Cass? Dude, you are only kidding yourself if you think most abortions occur the first two weeks of pregnancy. I believe at 9 weeks you can hear a heart beat dumb shiiit.

?? to make an argument comparing the two is stupid. It is like comparing jet engines and giraffes.

Nemont?

Though I hesitate to wade into this ugly argument I thought the statement above needed some clarification. I went to my good friend Phineas J. Whoopee - the man with all the answers - for an explanation.

49f0fce7404a8bff.jpg

What we have here is a tall and powerful tail. Oh yes indeed. As you can plainly see, both the giraffe and the rocket, which is a jet ? propulsion device, have long slender features.

49f0fd754202cd98.jpg

The rocket has four fins, the giraffe four legs.

Both use stored energy to propel them forward.

Both consume oxygen and generate heat.

Both exhaust noxious gasses and waste product through orifices.

The list of comparisons could go on and on.

So in the future Nemont, stick with the proven apples vs oranges clich? .

Oh, by the way, I'm Pro Choice and that choice for me is life.

I'm all for late term abortion....like 22 years and 9 months O-O

JB

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

where, exactly did this take place?????....

"the outright mass slaughter of THOUSANDS of perfectly innocent men women and children at the hands of america? ""

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

WELL OO???

DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYIN TO STIR???

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR???

I DOUGHT YOU DO???

YOU'RE TOO YOUNG???

WHERE MIGHT WE BE TODAY IF WE HADN'T OF COME UP WITH THE A BOMB WHEN WE DID???

I'M PERTY SURE SOME OF THEM PEOPLE WERE PROBABLY INNOCENT & DIDN'T AGREE WITH THE WAR!!!

DID WE GET THEIR ATTENTION???

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!

I'M GONNA TRY & SPLAIN SOMETHING TO YOU!!!

WHEN THE PEOPLE OF A TERRORIST COUNTRY ARE TOO CHICKEN SHHIT TO STAND UP TO THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT & OVER THROW EM I JUST DON'T SEE HOW YOU'D EVER SEPARATE THE GOOD FROM THE BAD???

WHEN WE ARE AT WAR,WE ARE AT WAR,WAR IS HELL!!!

ONCE AT WAR I SAY KICK ASS AS SWIFT AS POSSIBLE!!!

NOT LIKE WE'VE FOUGHT THE LAST SEVERAL WARS!!!

IF I HAD BEEN RUNNING THE SHOW A FEW YEARS AGO???

THERE'D BEEN 3 FLY-OVERS!!!

YES SOME INNOCENT PEOPLE WOULDA DIED!!!

BUT NOT ONE OF THEM WOULDA BEEN AMERICANS!!!

STUFF THAT IN YOUR PIPE DREAM & PUFF ON IT!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-09 AT 07:56PM (MST)[p]Like always I think his point was missed because you don't want to discuss it.

Why is it aborting the very start of life is worse than killing adults in the name of what MIGHT be in your best interest? that's a fair question and it wasn't answered. we went into Iraq with bombs and guns blazing knowing full well many innocent civilian lives would be lost and not knowing full well it was justified, the righties were like giddy cheerleaders for that. then we have an abortion by a woman for what ever the reason and oh my goodness that's murder, how is this? it's a fair question. yes it is open to debate, yes it is legal and yes I'm glad Obama will appoint justices to keep it that way.

I'd like to hear the answers but there are three definite things I can cite on this, one this will be a personal attack thread, two the answer is those adults were just muslims, and the church says abortion is wrong , end of story no need for logic or debate. let the personal attacks and total lack of rational debate resume.

HEY dude!!!

YOU'RE THE ONLY JOKER I KNOW THAT WOULD ARGUE WITH YOUR OWN MOTHER EVEN WHEN YOU KNEW SHE WAS RIGHT!!!

WTF???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I'M SURE SHE DID!!!

LOL!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

...she's another that prolly regrets choosing life....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

AND LONG AGO!!!

THERE WAS A THREAD ON MM!!!

CALLED: "HYPOCRITES"!!!

AND IT WAS DECIDED RIGHT HERE ON MM!!!

THAT WE ARE ALL HYPOCRITES!!!

BUT CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT EVERYBODY JUST ONCE AGREED???

GOOD GAWD THATS HARD TO BELIEVE!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I am curious how anyone can say that if you are anti abortion but pro war or vice versa that one thing has anything to do with the other.

It is like the people that are pro abortion but anti death penalty. Or the people who are anti abortion and think it is murder but do not want the mother who had the abortion tried for murder. There has to be some kind of intellectual honesty.

The war in Iraq or any other place on earth has nothing to do with abortion. They are not the moral equivalent. To argue otherwise is stupid.

It is hypocracy but intellectually laziness and gotcha politics that link the two.

Nemont

If it's hypocracy to be pro abortion and anti war, or pro war and anti abortion, then you would have to take a stand to kill all innocent people or take a stand to never kill any innocent person, in order to avoid being a hypocrite?

OO, you'll just have to figure it out for yourself. You have to make a decision in your own mind. Take a stand somewhere.

Eel

49d778ac3681054a.jpg

Nemont,

It's a matter of life, is it or is it not sacred? if a few cells are a sacred life why isn't a family? if vaporizing an innocent family in Iraq is sweet how can terminating an unwanted pregnancy be that wrong? that's major hypocrisy. The Iraqi government said today over 87,000 Iraqis have died violent deaths since 2005, the actual number is figured to be another 10-20% because the bodies weren't recovered to be counted. no I'm not at all saying our troops did most of the killing but it's a fact we set up the situation for the violence and failed to stop it, therefore it's on our heads but the dogooders don't see it that way..

I believe in abortion rights, stem cell research, I think there are lots more crimes that deserve capitol punishment, I'm pro Afghanistan and the soon to be Pakistan war and I'm strongly against the Iraq disaster. that's not hypocrisy that's personal opinion and it doesn't fit either party platform.

Thank you to those of you who actually answere the question and discussed the topic at hand instead of turning into a bashfest.

these issues aren't so simple as to be explained in a couple words, its about deciding why we go to war and when life begins and what form it takes, its about details, it seems a lot of people don't think for themselves, thats why theres so many mixed up right wingers floating around, 202s chart on the popularity of talk radio tells a story, sheep herders and their millions of sheep, ba baa baaa

yea, how Hannity gets 3 million listeners and Olberman get 1 million, something like that, the right gets a lot more listeners than the left, yet there are more liberal voters in the country.

It's because so many far righties only get AM radio in their trailer house, you have to go with the media format that reaches your audience.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-09 AT 09:15AM (MST)[p]Piper,

There are as many mixed up left wingers as there are mixed up right wingers.

I don't listen to Hannity or Rush nor do I listen to Olberman or Garafalo. I don't even subscribe to cable or satelite TV. I form my own opinions and spend way too much time reading in an attempt to understand our world as best as my feeble mind can.

If the issue is human life and whether it is "sacred" then neither side has much of any kind of moral authority. If human life is sacred to the Democrats then explain how WJC sat on his hands as the Genocide in Rawanda unfolded. GWB and his administration did not intervene in Darfur and so far neither has Obama and a 100% democratic controlled congress. War and abortion are not linked in any way shape or form. One should be a personal decision, which currently is allowed by the law of the land and the other is a societal decision for which a majority of Democrats voted for and continued to vote for more funding every time the funding bills have came up.

So if the left believes they have the moral high ground on this then explain why there has been democrat majorities in both chambers since the 2007 and funding for Iraq has continued to flow unabated? Neither side can claim they hold life sacred because they have proven time and again that they pick and choose whose life if important to them.

Nemont

My trailer house gets AM and FM so I listen to both the far right and the stoner crowd like the stations you listen to.

NEMONT YOU ARE WASTING YOUR BREATH ON THESE NITWITS. AS SOON AS YOU USED THE TERM MORAL AUTHORITY THEY GOT LOST. THANKS FOR YOUR POST ALL WELL SAID AND THOUGHT OUT AS USUAL.

OH AND YES LIBERALS SUCK!

"Here's something for you doom and gloomer, coolaid drinkers that might help you from offing yourselves; you could have had Hillary."
Tfinalshot March 24, 2009

Just wondering.... has anybody that is posting to this thread ever dealt with a unwanted pregnancy in their family or are you just spewing religious vomit that you hear on AM radio talk shows? Amazing how quick we are to make up someone else?s mind.

RUS

>Just wondering.... has anybody that is
>posting to this thread ever
>dealt with a unwanted pregnancy
>in their family or are
>you just spewing religious vomit
>that you hear on AM
>radio talk shows? Amazing how
>quick we are to make
>up someone else?s mind.
>
>RUS

WOW...you're deep RUS, anyone could take the easy route and claim it is A-OK to make the pregnancy go away....does that make it right in gods eyes??....killing the innocent one of the three involved??

JB

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

"WOW...you're deep RUS, anyone could take the easy route and claim it is A-OK to make the pregnancy go away....does that make it right in gods eyes??....killing the innocent one of the three involved??"

I thought GOD - the TRINITY (three) plus ma & pa & baby zygote = six. Or is it sex or seis.

Since when does god have a say? I don't see his name on the supreme court and they said it's legal. lets keep fiction and fact separated.

Freedom of religion means freedom from religion too, if your family is against abortion because of your god that's your business, it's none of your business what legal options others take because your god has no authority over them.

A very basic question with no answer, if god is against abortion why is it legal even in Cathloic strongholds like Spain, Mexico City and Rome? that's ground zero of christianity and the people there accept it. why doesn't he just send lightning bolts down and stop it? whack the girls, doctors, politians , anyone involved, what's he waiting for? enough yakity yack lets say enough already drop it and mind our own business like sane people.

One of the biggest problems in this world is people trying to force their beliefs on others.

>One of the biggest problems in
>this world is people trying
>to force their beliefs on
>others.

Well said.

A bigger problem might be the fact that a bunch of men have the audacity to sit around and decide what women can or cannot do with THEIR bodies.

Whackin' some Iraqis' isn't the same thing.

You want to toss religion into the mix? Read the Bible and see what Joshua did when he destroyed Jericho.....he killed anything and everything that walked, talked, crawled, cast a shadow or ate lettuce....all in the name of the Lord!

The Bible is full of that type of warfare.

I'm all for letting his heirs do it all over again, moving a little farther East.

Since wer're on the subject of killing innocent people, we would be somewhat remiss if we didn't have a moment of silence in rememberance of the million or so people who die every year at the hands of the pipers of the world, who banned the use of DDT in the fight against malaria.

Eel

49d778ac3681054a.jpg

eelgrass-your insane, how does anyone know a million people die every year because of a so called ban on DDT? did your Idol Rush tell you that? or one of the other fruitcakes? the truth is 2.3 million lives are saved each year because we don't spray DDT everywhere, 11.6 million less cases of cancer because of the ban. those numbers are just as reliable as yours, probably more so, Did you get bad information?

Actually much of the world still uses DDT. Mexico and China use tons of it, and the food they import has DDT used on it, it's great stuff nothing kills bugs like it.

Funny how Americans freak out about chemicals, but if it's imported who cares. another reason for country of origin labeling.

still its crazy to think people could or should spray enough DDT in the tropical regions to kill all the mosquitoes and totally prevent malaria.

LOL...you wouldn't know DDT from duck butter piper....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-09 AT 11:29PM (MST)[p]piper, I know it's a waste of time for me but......

"Sixty million people have died needlessly of malaria, since the imposition of the 1972 ban on DDT, and hundreds of millions more have suffered from this debilitating disease. The majority of those affected are children. Of the 300 to 500 million new cases of malaria each year, 200 to 300 million are children, and malaria now kills one child every 30 seconds. Ninety percent of the reported cases of malaria are in Africa, and 40 percent of the world?s population, inhabitants of tropical countries, are threatened by the increasing incidence of malaria."

http://www.malaria.org/DDTpage.html

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/Fall02/DDT.html

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/summ02/Carson.html

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/summ02/Carson.html

EDIT: Rush is on Mon.-Fri. 9:00-12:00. You might learn something.

49d778ac3681054a.jpg

yea, lets spray the whole world with DDT, kill every bug, its all Rachel Carsons fault that there are still bugs in the world, without bugs everything would be great, dang liberals anyway. Im so glad we banned DDT world wide. I would pay more attention if you were not a Limbaugh fan, but just thinking about that twisted fruitcake sends shivers up my spine. you can spend your whole life thinking one way or the other by choosing who you want to hear or what you want to read, depends on your bias. you can read attack articles on anyone, Franken and Limbaugh for example, why there are so many cases of childhood cancer and attention deficit disorder can be explained in many ways, it just depends on who you want to listen to. E.O Wilson says we are in a great die off of species, Im sure Limbaugh can find someone that says there are more species in the world now than ever before,you know there are more trees in America than ever before? everything is great. James Hansen is full of it, the owner of the weather channel is right on, thats the way it is, just depends on who you want to hear.

Pipedream do you mention Rush Limbaugh is every post of yours is it just 90% of them. My goodness man what is your hang up with Rush. He is nothing but an entertainer for crying out loud.

"Here's something for you doom and gloomer, coolaid drinkers that might help you from offing yourselves; you could have had Hillary."
Tfinalshot March 24, 2009

piper, I listen to Rush when at work because the guy I work with listens, but I've never heard Rush talk about DDT and malaria. If you don't like Rush that's fine, you can slam him if you want. I get a laugh out of some of his parodies.

I don't want to spray the whole world with DDT either, but I think there was a disasterous over reaction back in the 60's to DDT.

Eel

49d778ac3681054a.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom