Access to public lands a good or bad thing

hunter1975

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-06 AT 01:53PM (MST)[p]I guess the subject should have actually read "Access to public land".

I'm sure this has been hashed out a lot here on MM, but I was doing some reading on a group called USA-ALL that claims to be fighting for our rights to access public lands. Has anyone had experience with this group or have any other ways to get involved in protecting the sale and lock-up of public lands?

USA-All is a group that, along with local governments and other groups such as the Blue Ribbon Coalition, are constantly fighting to retain public access to publicly owned lands. In Utah, USA-All has locked horns with radical preservationists such as SUWA, Utah Wilderness Coalition and Sierra Club, as well as the state BLM, who many perceive are constantly striving to keep the public off public lands unless you are a hiker, backpacker, river runner, etc., with a great amount of success. I estimate that USA-All's goal is keep open legally established access routes, be it roads or trails, so that the public can use them for multiple-uses (recreation, hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, natural resource extraction, etc.), just as Congress intended.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom