Accubonds Discontinued?

eyeguard

So my Browning .25-06 really likes the Winchester Supremes in 110 gr. Accubonds. I looked for them at Sportsman's, and then at Cabela's. One of the guys at Cabela's told me that Winchester has discontinued the Accubonds, but plan on upgrading to something else?

Anyone else hear this? Can anyone confirm?

I'll tell ya boys I'm taking this kinda hard. It's like being kicked in the nuts after your best dog leaves you. :-(

Guess I need to start looking for another round. I really like Federal, but my gun sprays the Accubonds all over the place. Maybe that's incentive to start reloading.

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

Not sure about the Winchester ammo but Remington did the same thing to me, discontinued, their 150 gr accutip loading for my 270 WSM. They had been using the Hornady SST bullet, a really great efficient loading where there was still over 1750 foot pounds of energy at 500yds. This loading also shot great in my rifle and put em critters on the dirt!

They stopped using the other guys SST bullet and changed to their own updated version of the Core-loct. The only good thing to happen from this was i then started reloading for that rifle and i found out how much i liked Noslers Accubond bullets.

Maybe some reloading is in your future??

Joey

So I found a number to contact Winchester Ammo. They guy said they only sold around 40,000 boxes last year (give or take), which really "isn't even worth turning the machine on" as he put it. So this year they didn't produce any (as in ZERO).

Man, that really SUCKS! :-(

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

eyeguard, You may have done this already but if not, do a internet search for ammo outlets, sporting goods stores, and such. Contact them and see if they have any of this ammo on their shelves. It may cost you to stock up on the depleting stocks and you might want to shoot a more available brand for practice but you might be able to supply yourself with your favorite hunting loads for many years to come.

Ammo price isn't going to go down and it won't be less effective years from now so buying up a bunch of your favorite loading now can actually be a decent investment.

Joey

Good idea Joey. I've been thinking the same thing. Here's hoping I can find at least a little that will help my fix for a while. :)

EG

campfire2.gif

At $55/box It's no surprise that they discontinued them.

I decided I could buy powder, lead, and build a load cheaper.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom