Accuracy of super short bows.

Bikes

I am considering buying a PSE super short X Force or a Liberty. How much accuracy do you lose with these short bows? THANKS

I don't think you can give numbers to your question

If you put it in a machine like the hooter shooter they will shoot the same hole over and over again. So I would say it is the archer and not the bow that determines how well they shoot.

However it has been proven over and over again in tournaments all over the world most archers that compete choose longer bows. Their must be a reason for this.

I think some short guys and women can shoot these short bows pretty good because their draw length is short and their string angle still fits their face like a longer bow fits a bigger shooter.

If you are have a longer draw say 28" or more I wouldn't personally do it. If you want to shoot longer distances I wouldn't do it. If you want to shoot 3d or spots I would do it, but this is just my opinion.

All my bows are 27" draws and 35-38" axle to axle.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-09 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]Like SWB said, the bow itself isn't any less accurate. The important thing is how the bow affects the shooting. A longer ATA bow will be more stable than a shorter one, just because of simple physics. Stability also depends on weight and balance. Ever notice how target archers use 3 foot+ stabilizers? Because when they get on target, they STAY on target. Larger (usually longer) objects are harder to move out of place than smaller objects.

Today it seems like manufacturers are trying to go as short as possible without sacrificing too much stability. I don't think I'd ever buy a bow under 30 inches, but if you get properly fitted, I don't think you'll experience too many problems. Get a good stabilizer to compensate and you'll be just fine. I wouldn't be doing any competetive shooting with that PSE, but you'll be able to hunt.

Bikes, I shoot a PSE SS and love it. I shot a p&y bull and mule deer with it last year. I dont think it shoots any different than my longer axle to axle bows. I shot the dream season right next to it and I thought the SS was smoother. This is my personal opinion. I would go and shoot them for yourself.
Elkhuntr

I shoot a short bow and really like it, I've taken alot of game with it plus it is easier to manuver in thick cover.
With a short hunting bow I think the key is to have the bow correctly tuned!!!! and having the proper form when shooting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom