Advice- AZ antelope

AZtrophyhunter

Ok, so after this year I now have 14 bp's for antelope. I've been applying for rifle all these years & even now my chances of being drawn are slim to none. Do you guys think an archery antelope tag would be worth the wait? I mean, I'm an avid archer but isn't it pretty darn hard to get a lope with a bow? I don't know, I just don't want to wait all that time to not get one. Any opinions?

I'm in the same situation as you. I really like archery but put in for rifle every year. I didn't draw this year so going into next year I will have 14 bonus points. I've decided to stick it out with rifle until I draw, and then go to archery after I draw. My brother went into the draw this year with 13 bonus points and he has a $65.00 charge on his card, so it looks like rifle lope for him in a good unit also....

I'm almost the same as you two. Next year I'll have 13 points and I would rather hunt with a bow but I have decided to try to get one more antelope (it will be my 2nd)with a rifle. This year I put in strictly rifle hunts but the last two years I put archery as a 2nd choice.

I have heard rumors of game and fish eventually making antelope a once in a life time hunt/kill.

Well, I think I'm gonna stick it out with the rifle. Out of my 3 brothers & my dad we've had one antelope tag & that was in 1988. That was almost 20 yrs ago!!! This is really getting old. I think it's time to look at other states as an option.

Count me in too. 13 BP and I hate to "waste" them on a chancy archery hunt when it's 150 degrees. I will only put in for archery after I get a rifle tag because I know I'll never draw a rifle tag again once my "pile" of BP are gone. I like the idea of once in a lifetime, or at least a significant set-aside for max BP folks - I mean the odds are only going to get tougher in the future.

-Dave

I have 10 points and will just wait I guess. Have the same number for Sheep along with several for deer and elk.

Archer

I second sticking it out for the rifle tag. With 14, you're getting up there. I'm back up to 9 points and will not be wasting those on an archery tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom