agua chiquita--things change

stevie

Took my girls camping a few weeks ago along Agua Chiquita sort of near Weed and had a great time. The creek is dry as a bone which I'm sure is no surprise to anyone.

I remember fishing and catching a bunch of brook trout there 20 years ago. Probably been years since you could fish that creek.

A recently deceased family friend used to bow hunt for deer in that canyon and said it was covered up in deer (30 years ago). From what I understand, not many deer anymore.

Still lots of elk and turkey though!

The agua chiquita dried up again this year, but, we have had good rain and expect it will flow next year.

When it flows you would be surprised at the trout it will hold. Most good areas are on private land though.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom