Aldo vs. Faber

zekers

Very Active Member
Finally spent the money on PPV for the Aldo vs. Faber and Cerrone vs. Henderson fights Saturday night. Are you ******* kidding me? Cowboy gets choked out 2 minutes into the first round and Faber got chopped down like a cherry tree. Aldo definately had a good game plan, albeit boring. Wish I had waited a few weeks for it to come out on Spike.

Yep pretty boring fight..

Really sucked to see Donald get tapped out so fast...I wanted to see a battle like their first fight...

What really sucks is WEC going to PPV now that the UFC bought them out...Dam that was a lot of ABBR's..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I think it will be pretty rare that WEC will be on PPV. I just don't think they have the fighters that people really want to see. I love the WEC and really like to watch, but they really only have a few big names, and I don't think they can bring in the viewers needed to make it successful. It's just my opinion though. This was a pretty big card, and everyone likes Urijah Faber.

I'm a huge fan of the UFC and know a few names of guys in the WEC. My problem with it is that 80% of the fights I;ve ever seen are of the 135-145 pounders. To me, it's pretty boring watching little men fight. It's like half of the fighters just got done riding horses....get it....jockies!! Not enuf big guys in the WEC for me. I'd NEVER buy a PPV WEC card. By the way, my wife was at Disneyland on Friday and Saturday and she got a picture with BJ Penn. He was shocked that a woman recognized him. She said he was a real cool guy and actually asked her if she wanted a picture together. My guess is that he just wanted to look down her shirt! :) She's a good looking woman!

Steve

I actually enjoyed the fights and thought it was worth the money. I agree that the Faber and Aldo fight was boring. The rest of the fights I thought were very exciting. The WEC is all about the lighter guys, however it is usually non-stop action as we saw on every fight on this card with the exception of Aldo/Faber. The Jung and Garcia fight was phenominal, fight of the year if not ever. The speed of the Johnson and Pickett fight was incredible...small guys...but holy cow they are fast.

Agreed, Faber got his ass kicked (well his legs anyway) and Aldo is a definite force to be reckoned with. It was pretty disgusting to say the least. Thank God for the Korean Zombie fight and a couple of other lesser named fights or that card would have sucked bad. I hope Aldo jumps weights and finds some competition soon.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom