All California Deer Tags Recalled. DFG Screwed Up!

Elk_Nuts

Ha Ha, Just kidding. It is a little unreal how many people I know, and MM members drew tags this year though. Kinda makes you wonder.

-John Wayne

Ha Ha is right. Between my 2 children and myself we had 18 application in (including fund raiser apps). We ended up with 6 tags. All second choice tags. The holy grail of blacktail hunting. 4 coveted A zone tags and 2 premium B zone tags. :)
Maybe next year one of us will draw Goodale, Grizzly Island, or a sheep tag. Best of luck to all that drew.

Bill

Being that i didn't get lucky and draw a random X-zone tag, i'd say great, let's do the draw over but i did get a tag where i live with my second choice and this year i need to stay close to home and keep the costs down.

Buck hunting in any zone or area is still Buck hunting. I sure don't need a kill and can have a great time hunting 5 minutes or less from my house. I take along my fishing gear and a shotgun for mountain quail, might take a break from hunting to catch a limit of pan sized trout or take a brace of great eating brush runners. Sure, it would be great to have a premium tag every year but it don't seem to matter much to me as long as i still have a few bucks for gas, the ability, and the desire to go, i'm going. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I did well on Utah and Nevada and all my friends(except my hunting bud who put in with me) did not draw anything for outta state and even in this state (and had good shot at premuim tags)notta, goose eggs!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom