Almost Super

R

redrabbit

With the full moon this weekend being a so-called "Super Moon", it was in the right position to rise over the spires of Cathedral Rock in Sedona last night. This only lines up a few times a year. This was a test run for the new Tamron 70-300 purchased from Joel at CameraLand and also a new D600 via Joel.

Nikon D600, Tamron 70-300 @300mm f/7.1

Blend of 2 images for focus. Nikon D600, Tamron 70-300 @75mm f/7.1

Used a Tamron 28-75 for the wider field of view. One note is that this lens will not autofocus when in live-view on the D600, so am limited to the regular focal points or manual focus.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://www.plateaulightphotography.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

That second and third pic are just amazing! Thanks for sharing

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Nice pics Red Rabbit. I am planning to upgrade my D90 to the D600 too, just waiting for another sale like they had last December.

Manual focusing with live view is probably the best method of fine focusing you can get if you zoom way in with your viewfinder, you can tweak your focus quite accurately. This works well with night moon shots.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom