almost two good days callin

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
went out yesterday and monday coyote callin with a buddy. these were my first two days ever as being the caller... usually go with a buddy who uses a electronic call.

yesterday: set up is on the side of a hill over looking a saddle pretty decently covered in cedar. after my second set of calling, i saw two paws walk up under a cedar. pulled up my Kimber 22-250 and clicked off the safety. i lip squeeked and he didnt move. blew on my call lightly and he moved to a "opening". the "opening" was right through a dead cedar tree. i put it on the best looking whole and squeezed... he ran off! Damn! hit a branch!

Today:truck hidden, sun at back wind in face.. perfect! we walk into the opening we wanted to call to find a bunch of elk. we mes with them for a while making cow calls and what not. when they leave, we decide to call there anyways. after my lest sequence, waited about 6-7 minutes then i let out a long howl. waited for 5 minutes. look at my buddy and i say " its gonna be funny when one of these days we call in a dog and dont see it and stand up to leave and it hauls ass" 5 seconds later, he stands up. when he stands up i say "dont move, theres a coyote" he basically thinks im full of it and he turns around and sees the dog. i guessed him at 400 and put my Varmint reticle scope on him like he is 400 yards out there.... well i shot right over his back... looking back i think he was 310-330. if we had our range finder i would smoked him!!!

not bad, my first two days callin and two dogs called in.. to bad i cant shoot!
Casey

That sounds like a blast. I've been seeing alot of dogs around home but can't shoot anywhere near there , it's killing me. Starting to see them in pairs alot , I think the females are coming into heat , best time to call....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom