ALPHAMAX CAM HELP

K

KILLSHOT

I just got my dad a hoyt alphamax for fathers day and need to get him a #3 cam for it to replace the #2 cam it came with so he can shoot it at a 30" draw length. Anybody know of anyone who would be willing to trade a #3 cam for a #2 cam with 27" 27.5" and 28" modules? Or perhaps have an extra set of #3 cams laying around that I could buy off of them? How much do these cams usaully cost to buy from a archery shop or do you think they would be willing to trade me straight across for the #2 cams?

Thanks for the help,

-KILLSHOT Productions Guides & Outfitters-

Thanks for the info Nate, you ready to kick it in gear in a month? I should be going down there an a couple weeks so I will keep you posted on what I find.

They traded me straight across at Al's in Logan. I shoot the AM 32, so I understand what you are confused about. Good Luck.

I'm not confused about the different cams. It was just too good of a deal to pass up even though I knew it would be the wrong draw length for him. I just didn't know if anybody was in the same situation and needed to go shorter with the #2 cam and we could help ach other out because a couple archery shops that I have called so far said that they wouldn't trade me cams and that I would have to buy a new set from any where between $80 and $100 which in my mind is riddiculous since my #2 cams are brand new. I called Hoyt and they said that they couldn't trade me out and to contact a dealer. I haven't tried AL's yet so I will give them a ring and see if it would be worth the drive up there.

Thanks for the pro shop tip,

I responded on your classifieds ad before I saw this. Check there. I think you will need different strings and cables as well as limbs. You can reuse the limbs but the draw weight will be a different range a little. Good luck! I would contact hoyt again and ask them everything involved in switching cams.

Ya I've talked with hoyt about it and it should get about 76lbs which was what I
was expecting and hoping for since I couldn't find him a 80 lb
one. The strings and cables I will be replacing with
Winners choice like I always do so if u know of anyone
that needs a new set of fuse strings ill have a extra pair that they
can have. Still hoping someone has a extra set of #3 cams or wanting to
trade so I don't have to fork out $85 for new cams.

Sounds great. I just got some modules for my am from archerytalk. I would put a post there in the classifieds wtb section. Im sure you will find a trade. Good luck..

Did the same swap with my AM 35, bow now maxes at 77#. I like the feel of the #3 cam a little better.

Like previous posters recommended archerytalk is the place to get the cam you need.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom