Alternatives to Wilderness Athlete

H

Hooner

I am looking for some alternatives to Wilderness Athlete. I have not been real happy with the service since they hooked up with the new owners. I really like the product. I am looking for some alternative to the powder drinks that they have. The Hydrate and Recover and the Energy and Focus. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I like Bud Light on a physical hunt, Sam Adams when I'm just road hunting.your milage may vary...

How bout a little snuff?;-) Sorry didn't mean to make light of your question. I've never understood pumping money into that stuff. Staying hydrated with good ol h2O and a couple of snickers bars works for me.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-10 AT 06:16AM (MST)[p]http://www.hammernutrition.com/

A couple of products that I've used that work much better than water and a snickers bar for long distance events.

Heed

Perpetuem

Recoverite

Hey Hooner, I have been a long time user of wilderness athlete and have had great service, my last order was in december. When was your last order and what kind of bad service did you have. I ask because I dont want to get caught up in a company with bad service. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jim, you crack me up. How true is that!

The only thing I'll add when I'm on a 9 day hunt of my back backcountry hunt is a cheap Walmart multivitamin.

I think all the neutraceuticals, especially the over priced WA type, are a marketing hoax.

GNC carries a drink powder that in my opinion is better than the wilderness athlete. I think it is called R4. I compared the two last year before my Alaska trip and it was much better.

Just my 2 cents worth, The guys at wilderness athlete tell me to mix the hydrate & recover with the energy and focus (call it a superman) and it tastes pretty good. I'm no scientist and I'm sure there are pro's to both mixes. I know the hydrate and recover has some fructose, maltodextrin, sucralose (all sugars) they are not the main ingredients as it appears they are in the R4. The wilderness stuff has more vitamins and outwardly appears to be a better product to put in your body. To each their own....

i always have that Emergen-C stuff it works awsome keeps my energy and my focus up as well as keeping my joints and muscles in good shape on those brutal back pack hunts in the high country.

I have never found anything that can compare to WA for over all positive energy,, No side effects like jitters and sleepless nights.. dang good stuff.
Might try Sagecreek outfitters,,i think elknuts runs the show over there and he gets all ordrs out fast, i have always recieved anything ordered from him within two days..

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to get a few more ideas from this post. As far as WA I still like the product but I just havn't been happy with a few things. I will keep those to myself. Not here to bad mouth a company expecially in this economy. I am just trying to look at some other options. Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Hooner,

You might try posting in the hunting gear forum moderated by HardcoreOutdoors, he used to have some connection with WA (or maybe he still does).

I participate in some long distance endurance rides on mountain bikes at high altitude and have found the Hammer nutrition stuff to be very helpful, there is a noticeable difference in recovery times when using a good electrolyte mix followed by a recovery mix. You don't need to take it every day and it doesn't seem to have the huge markup of box store supplements.

Hooner-It sounds like you ought to call the guys and give them a chance to fix whatever service problem you are referring to. My experience with WA since the "new guys" took over has been nothing but fast and professional. I am glad you like the products. TGun, I love the superman also, I used it on all my hunts last year, what a difference it made!

I'm with you on this WLB! Nothing mixed by man will ever work better than mother nature's juice.

If H2O is not working for you something is wrong.

I like all of the Cytosport products especially Cytomax for hunts. FYI,Many of these products are manufactured by other no name manufacturing sites- not Cyto.

I had the chance to tour a Cyto facility. Cytosport has their own production lines, quality control scientists and the place was like a clean room inside-they are quality fanatics. And it tastes better than the others I've tried.

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences"
Robert Green Ingersoll

I would like to know what the service problem is too since I am the guy that put the old guys together with the new guys. I know there was some supply issues at first but The Outdoorsmans crew is renouned for their customer service.

You have already said your weren't happy with the service so it shouldn't be a big deal to fill in the details, PM me if you prefer.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom