Animas River

Slygrrr

"The Environmental Protection Agency on Friday disclosed initial lab results of a mine spill triggered by its workers into the Animas River.

During a press conference, agency officials confirmed river water tested positive for varying amounts of heavy metals, lead, arsenic, calcium and aluminum. Thursday, officials said the primary pollutants were iron and zinc.

The contamination is expected to flow through the Farmington area Friday evening. City officials urge residents to stay out of the river and to keep livestock from drinking the water if discoloration is present. The city's drinking water is unaffected, city officials said.

EPA workers caused the release of a million gallons of waste while using heavy machinery to investigate pollutants at the Gold King Mine north of Silverton, Colorado, around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. Crews did not respond to collect water samples until that evening.

The EPA also confirmed the mine was still leaking as of 2 p.m. Friday".

You tell me Hank.... EPA incompetent employees? Appeares you have more faith in those folks than I do. I personnally thing that group is the height of incompetence .

I think the people who took the $ and left US with their mess are the incompetant ones.............the reason the EPA was started.
I know,a bunch of big gubberment.....I dislike having to deal with them too,but better than the alternative.

I competent EPA I diffenatly would support Hank.. Those lefties leading the organization now....not so much. Obama and his ilk have and are doing great damage to our nation. 20 days and I'll be down in your neck of the woods. 21a archery elk. Can't wait ?

I understand that the pollution was from the 1920s.

I hope the EPA gets hammered. They suck up billions of Federal dollars, ruin peoples lives, and have just become another political Bureaucracy.

If BP did this, or any Private company they would be raped, villinized, and fined into bankruptcy.

They should get wrecked over this, but, they wont. Already hearing people say, it was the miners fault. Lame.

Paul, I totally get and share your sentiments towards the crap EPA does......BUT.....any fines or penalties do nothing but add to the tax payers burden. EPA needs competent leadership and not the wacko lefties Obama has at the helm.

So, what really happened? Why would the EPA dig on a dike holding millions of gallons of sludge? Was it a contractor that did the digging? I would think a professional would have thought about the dangers of digging out a dike wall. Any info on what exactly happened?

Nope, not to my knowledge. EPA is saying they were at fault but NOT saying anything about the lack of planning by their folks in Silverton. The director from what I've seen doesn't give a crap cuz it just provides her an avenue to get her dept MORE money from us.

If it was the private sector that did this NOBODY would care if a contractor did it. The company would be destroyed over this.

It should be no different with the EPA. There should be accountability.

Oh there will be accountability Paul....from this administration it will come in the form of a promotion to head another program .

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-15 AT 02:32PM (MST)[p]Just read this.....

"A week before the incredulous catastrophe occurred, a letter to the editor containing an incredibly suspicious warning about the possibility of such a disaster was published in The Silverton Standard & The Miner local newspaper.

The letter was written by a retired geologist detailing verbatim how EPA would foul the Animas River on purpose in order to secure Superfund money."

[http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...utm_source=COTR&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=P]

Anyone else think/wonder if bureaucrats would ?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom