Anise Oil

Wasatch

I read somthing this weekend regarding both Anise (black licorice) and Vanilla extracts and the fact that they are great at attracting both bears and big game (deer, elk, moose etc..) Just wondering if anyone has ever tried using Anise or Vanilla extract with a trophy rock or something or just on its own and if so what was the result. Do these extracts really work? Just wondering....I'd never heard this before....

I have use vanilla in a spray bottle as a cover scent for years. I like the smell better than elk pee!

Can't say for sure how well it works. Dead elk don't talk!
Zeke

In the old days ;-) when you couldn't go into a story and buy cover up sent. That what we would use walking into our bear bait sites and spray it around to cover up our sent.We also used tree bark camo. haha

"I like the smell better than elk pee!"

I would hope so and what you doin smellin elk pee to begin with, LOL!

This question is probably better answered in the club house.

Can we update this forum so posting with a
phone is easier?

Never tried anise. I have experimented with vanilla on whitey deer and it made them nervous and spooked them. Deer are curious animals so I can see it working, especially in some remote basin where they rarely see a human.

Come on there LBH and TG, what's with all the jabs from my friends. LOL

I really have used vanilla extract in a spray bottle and used it religiously when archery hunting pronghorn from a ground blind. I don't know if it really works as a cover scent but we've always been able to score.

One time I used a tree stand which was only about 5 feet off the ground (small tree). It worked like a charm and I shot a buck from about 12 yards. He jumped into the water and just make it to the bank before he expired. I love Montana!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom