Another 2 drawing question

foundation

Very Active Member
I'm curious if all ready having a unlimited deer tag would exclude me from putting in for the second drawing? I have been looking at the regs and it has just made me more confused if I can do it or not.

Does anybody have any experience with this situation ?

i believe you can, but not 100% sure.....but if you are drawn it would be a non res fee.....

As a holder of a controlled hunt tag rather it be unlimited or not you cannot apply for that same species in the second drawing

I kind of figured I wouldnt be able to try for the second drawing since I have a unlimted deer tag.There was this one paragraph that kind of gave me hope that I could try the second drawing.

. A person whose name was drawn in an antlered-only controlled deer hunt may NOT apply for any other controlled anterled-only deer hunt for one year EXCEPT for the second deer, elk and pronghorn application period and leftover controlled hunt drawings or sales.

I guess I'm just a gambler and trying for a better tag.LOL

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-12 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]>Don't ask IDFG, they don't know
>either.

You could ask them, but ask at least 10 of them, and then take the most popular response.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

Seems wrong though doesn't it. I'm thinking there may be a reg somewhere that says you can't have two LE tags for the same species.

I know you can have an LE and a Superhunt tag for the same species.

If this is a loop hole I would support closing it.

according to Boise F&G Headquarters if you drew an antlered deer tag in the 1st drawing..you can apply in the 2nd draw for the same unit or any other unit for any of the tags that are available...so a person could have 2 buck tags for the same unit for the same year !!!

I thought I read that if you had drawn a Controlled Tag for a species, you could not have or apply for another Controlled Tag for the same species. This is from the regs, pg 82:

"Any person whose name is drawn in a controlled hunt for
deer or elk is prohibited from hunting in any other hunt
for the same species (archery, muzzleloader or general),
except when the hunter has been selected in a controlled
extra tag or depredation hunt drawing, or has purchased a
leftover nonresident general season tag for that species at the
nonresident price."

The only other exception is the Super Hunt, from their page in the regs:

"Super Hunt tags are in addition to any general and controlled hunt tags a hunter has applied for or may already hold. All other rules of individual hunts apply."

So, to me, you clearly are UNABLE to apply for or draw a second Controlled Antlered Only tag for any species for which you already have a tag, except for a Super Hunt tag holder.

Thats funny. I actually called the Boise office this morning also, and I was advised the only tag I could put in for on the second drawing was a X tag.

that is what is written in the Permits section & is correct,But all this is stating according to F&G enforcement is if you draw a tag for unit 22 that you can Only deer hunt that unit !!!...the section under Eligibility clearly states a person whose name was drawn in an antlered-only controlled deer hunt may Not apply for 1 year "EXCEPT" for THE SECOND deer,elk and pronghorn application period and LEFTOVER controlled hunt drawings or sales... & was told to me this morning by the enforcement department of F&G in Boise that a person..the guy I spoke with said if a person draws a buck or bull tag in the 1st draw they can apply & draw a 2nd tag in the 2nd drawing !!!

>It's right there in the REGS.
>

Yes, they are. I still don't understand why people don't get it.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom