Another CA missing boy - lion sighted

nvmuley

I just heard on the noon news that a frantic search is underway for a missing 3 yr old boy. There are reports of a lion sighting in the area. Sad that innocent children being killed because of fanatic animal rights groups being able to dictate wildlife management with their lies via the ballot box. I sure hope this early report is wrong and the boy is found alive.
Steve

I sincerely hope all is well with the boy. I lived in CA for awhile and back in 1995 or so is when the lady was killed and partially eaten up on the American river close to sacramento. I now live in AZ and the animal rights groups are going crazy over the Sabino Canyon lion situation we have right now. The game department wanted to kill 3 lions that pose a potential problem for hikers/bikers/outdoor enthusiasts. Well now that the pot is all stirred up, the AZGFD decided to tranquilze and move the lions at about $6,000.00 cost per day until they catch the lions. While all this is going on, the animal rights people have went out and intentionally broke some of the traps etc.....I just hope something is done about the lion problems we have in numerous western states that present alot of problems for the general public............ Allen Taylor......

I work with guys that live very close to where the boy is missing and they say it pretty wide open and agree that the cats are there but I have not heard of any sighting! I am more worried about pedifiles!
Prying he just wondered off and they find him safe!
I have a young son too and try teach as much as I can about such things like lions,strangers,being lost over night!
Can't baby them forever! Know what I mean?
RACKMASTER

I agree with a previous post in that we need to be more worried about the "human" predators instead of a mtn. lion! There ought to be a open season on the sorry scum of the earth that would harm an innocent child. Once convicted, human predators should be staked out in the hot Texas sun over bed of fire ants and left for the buzzards!!!!

Glad to hear the little guy was found safe and sound!!!!!

The boy was out "hunting" with his older brother and sister for "Banana Slugs" and the boy and his dog got separated. The dog came home but not the boy, which inturn had a search & rescue party looking for the young kid.
He is safe and doing fine but the folks will or better sit those three kids down and have a long and hard talk about such things so this never happens again.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-04 AT 09:50AM (MST)[p]First off, I am glad they found the boy safe and sound.

I am curious why the first thoughts were of a lion taking the kid. My first reaction was how does a parent lose a 3 year old.

Sad that innocent children being killed because of fanatic animal rights groups being able to dictate wildlife management with their lies via the ballot box.

Well I am no lion hugger and in my opinion, lion hunting should be allowed in CA, but from your quote above, what is that all about? Enlighten me, how many innocent children have been killed by lions in CA?

I've never heard of any kids being killed by lions. Folks on the right get just as excited and hysterical as folks on the left.

usmap3.gif

I know of one death of a child in San Diego County, two attacks on children in Orange County and one attack on a child in Santa Barbara County. The case in San Diego Co. took place in the town of Lakeside. A little girl was playing in her fenced front yard when a lion jumped the fence, grabbed the girl and ran off with her. The little girl's grandmother tried to save her but by the time they found the little girl, she was dead. In the other cases, adults drove off the lions before the children were killed.

This is only four cases that I know of but, I would think there must be more that I've never read about. All four of these cases were written up in newspapers and were on the TV news.

A little kid crying or running around squealing is just like a predator call for large carnivores. There are areas in Orange Co. that have warning signs urging parents to stay close to their children because of the previous attacks and stalking of children by lions.

I'll be damned. I had never heard of them defore. Course, I'm not in CA. I guess ya may as well be hysterical.

usmap3.gif

3 Year old? Things happen, but mom and dad need to keep track of their little one.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-04 AT 07:15AM (MST)[p]Quote - "I am curious why the first thoughts were of a lion taking the kid." This was the report I heard on the noon news. I did not invent this theory myself.
Quote - "lion hunting should be allowed in CA, but from your quote above, what is that all about? Enlighten me, how many innocent children have been killed by lions in CA?"
The one I had in my mind was actually the child killed in CO. My error. But are not all the people that have been killed someones children? (The women joggers, the biker.)I know my kids are my kids, and they will always be. As has been since posted above, many many confrontations never reach the news. I hear about them second hand from people in the field and thru other not widely circulated publications. Perhaps I did let my feelings about ballot initiatives dictating wildlife management play into the post. But I will never believe this is the best way. Science not politics should be the basis for all wildlife management decisions. Hunters are in the minority in todays world and emotional based lies and false TV ads can sway a lot of people into outlawing certain types of hunting. They will take away our activities one thing at a time. (predator management, hound hunting, trapping) (And I'm anything but a right wing wacko!) Just a concerned passionate hunter that does not like many of the current trends I see. I spend a tremdous amount of time outdoors and believe what I observe with my own eyes.
Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom