another great pack

CABugle

Hi, I'm new to this site and was reading some back dated post and did not see anything about the Janssens Adventure Outfitters- "Ultimate Hard Core Hunt Pack". This pack is a little steep in price at $330.00, but well worth the money!
The pack has one big pocket on each side, one for a tripod, and the other for a spotting scope. It also has a open country gun and bow holder(very easy to use, but difficult to explain).It also has a pouch that will hold a 100 oz. water bladder, and has a bunch of other pockets and pouches. It is VERY comfortable. Finally the best part is the load flap, which is attached to the frame and will hold at least 100 lbs. It only takes about 1 min. to take the pack off of the frame( four buckles) to be ready to load your meat, and there are straps on top of the frame to anchor your horns. You will be hard pressed to find a better pack. They don't have a web site which hurts but you can call them at 1-888-935-HUNT. I have gone through several packs including Badlands, crooked horn, J-105, and this tops them all.

CABugle

No Web site for the pack, they will send a catalog if you call 1- 888-935-HUNT. As for the frame, yes it is external, and is contoured to fit your back, very comfortable. There is also an add for the pack in the Huntin Fool mag.

CABugle

CABugle, What do u like more about the Janssen pack compared to the others? Always interested.--Allen--

TxTrapper, here are a couple of things that I think sets the pack apart from the others:

1. for being a frame pack it does not sit higher than your shoulders so you won't get caught up in brush and trees as much. Also can use it as a day pack because it's not huge.

2. not very complicated to use, some packs try to get so fancy and put in so many "specialty" pockets, this is not the case with Janssens pack.

3. It has a hook on the shoulder strap(both staps) that will hold your rifle on your shoulder and keep it from slipping off

4. Also the bottom of the pack has two straps that are made to hold shooting stix, they go in and out very easily.

5. the pack cinches down very tight, making it very nice when hauling out meat.

The more I write the more I sound like a rep for Jassens, But I'm not, just a very happy customer! I hpoe this helps.

CABugle

As more info, one of my family members has the pack and likes it, except........it doesn't have zippers, just clasps on the pockets and he lost something that slipped out last year (can't remember what it was).

I like the external pack design, but I had my wife compare and look at the build quality and she said the quality of all the stitching was incomparable to my eberlestock pack---it was not made nearly as well in that regard. For the price he paid, I agree. Maybe it was just a poor job on that one pack. By the way, I ask my wife because she used to work for a boot maker and knows a lot more about stitching than I ever want to!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom