Another Scope Question

300MIKE

I broke down and bought a new scope, mounted it and tried it out today....BIG PROBLEM.

The scope is a Zeiss 6.5-20 on a remington 700 action mounted with Leupold PRW rings/bases. After a few rounds I I was adjusted windage all the way to one side and still needed another foot plus. We were totally confused and started looking at the angle of the scope. Sure enough it is canted to the left. The only thing I can come up with is either the bases/rings are crooked or the tap holes on the action are not straight? It seems like a no brainer, mount bases, set scope tighten rings but no way no how.

Any sugestions on causes or fixes would be much appretiated. Also does anyone have any experience with these bases/rings? Is there a certain way the rings go like screws right or left side, front or rear ring. They appear to be identicle rings and the rear base will only mount one way the front can go either slot forward or back.........HELP

Thanks for any input.

Mike

I don't know much about your rings/bases, but it sounds like there is a setup problem. If not, you could look into burris signature rings where you can buy offset inserts and literally move the scope up/down/left/right.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom