Another truck thread.....

sremim

Very Active Member
I'm playing with the idea of getting a truck. I've found two that I may be interested in. One is a 2012 F150 FX4 with the 5.0 v8. The asking price is about $36,000.

The second is a 2008 Tundra limited with 37,000 miles on it. Asking price for it is $32,000.

Does anybody have any experience with this year Tundra? My concern with getting the new F150 is the depreciation it will have after driving off the lot. Will the value of the Ford drop below the Toyota or is the Toyota that much over priced?

I do not have experience with those two vehicles. I do have a Consumer Report maagazine that gives high ratings to the Ford and Tundra for the 2012 year model. They felt this years model had improvements over last years on ride comfort and quicker response.

The new Tundra's price is between 24K to 42K, so that price of 32K on a 2008 model with 37,000 miles may be a little on the high side. The base price of the Ford was given at 22K to 51K with all the bells and whistles. Hope this helps.

RELH

the 2008 Toyota is over priced but that is the difference in a quality truck that holds its value. The Toyota's are going for almost 4000-6000 over book price.

once you drive that ford off the lot the value will drop like a rock and it will be worth less then the 2008 toyota. It will probably have more problems as well. Thus the reason the Toyota's are going for more then there worth.

Im also in the market for a new truck and this is the lip smack im getting from all the dealers on the Toyota trucks.

Toyota trucks get poor fuel mileage. And every one I have been in I was disappointed with it.
But don't buy a brand new truck either.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I can't speak for the Ford-

For the resale alone on the Toyota makes them worth buying. I have had 4 Toyota trucks. The last one I traded in 2 weeks ago, on trade, I took 4000 less than I bought it for almost 6 years ago.
I went from a Tacoma to the Tundra- I have to say I so far I really like it. It has crazy amounts of power, fast as any truck should be. The torque curve is VERY impressive as well. Pulling my 5-6k trailer was easy, no matter how steep of grade I threw at it. But this coming from a Toyota snob too though.
In the end its comes down to brand loyalty I guess. My opinion is you will have fewer problems long term with a toyota than most any other manufacturer out there.

It is true, the Tundra will get less MPG than the others. Tundras are also known for some bed bounce, and not the best ride quality next to the Fords or Chevy/GMCs. Although I wouldn't call the ride in any of the newer full size trucks horrible either.

I think the 08 your looking at is a tad high in price too. The 2012s are not much more than that.

I have a 2005 and I got 20 mpg on the first 1/2 of a 800 mile trip. The second half I was loaded and had a motorcycle on the bumper. I got 18.75 mpg, and that was going 80 MPH. Ron

Go drive the F-150 Eco-Boost!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

I've driven the ecoboost. I didnt like the lag it took for the turbos to kick in when pushing the gas!!! I'm not convinced on it yet!

Jet-Lag Huh?:D

I only gave 31 for my 08 duramax, bought it a year ago and 15k less miles and can trade it for 31.... Sniper is right, why pay that much for a grocery getter?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I bought a 2007 Tacoma in 07 for 29K and I just traded it in for a 2012 tundra and they gave me $25,500 for the trade in wih over 50K miles on it. The Tundra is an awesome ride. I put a lift on it and 35 inch mud tires on it and get 17 mpg. Plus it looks like a beast!!!

Well I've decided against either truck. I wont spend money on a brand new one and take the depreciation hit.

As far as this Tundra, it is a very nice truck, however, the best mileage I got out of it was 13. The dealer let me take it for a couple days to test it out. I know you cant buy a truck for gas mileage, but this was just too low for me....

Back to the drawing board!

13 MPG?

Never heard of a Toyota gettin less than 25+?

Oh,I forgot,We are conserving Energy in this Country!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom