Another Youth Hunt Buck on Turkey Day

G

GreyGhost777

Hey Guys, this year I signed my 9 year old nephew up for Hunter Safety class. Realizing he is pretty young, I wasnt sure how he'd do. Well to make a long story short, he passed his class with a 98% on the quiz! Then came time to put in for the draw, and after doing my drawing odds homework, I put him in for a youth hunt in Northern New Mexico which started Thanksgiving day. After practicing and sighting in with the .243 earlier in the week, Wed came and we pulled the camper to our spot. An hour into opening morning he had his buck down. The buck is a main frame 4x3 all rutted up thats 21" wide and 22" tall. Exciting hunt with my nephew and new lifelong hunting partner!

63550000.jpg

4775securedownload.jpg

2080oo.jpg

8009ooo.jpg

1029oooo.jpg

6202o.jpg

bet hes hooked for life now. great job to your nephew and yourself. love seeing all these nice youth bucks.cant wait to get out with my lil bro this weekend for a youth cow elk hunt.
congrats

Thanks for the kind words guys, that hunt was a blast! Nothing like seeing a 9 year old harvest his first buck, and a nice one at that!

NMHUNTER good luck with your little bro on his cow hunt! Post some pics!

That's a great buck! Congrats to both of you guys. It's so awesome to see these pics of youth hunters grinning from ear to ear.

Congrats to the young man, what a great 1st buck!!

Love the youth hunts, he looks like he is hooked for life.

Thanks guys! Ya he's hooked bad! He's been on a few coyote hunts before, but this big game stuff really got his attention haha! Him and I both CANT wait till next year ;)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom