Antelope CWMU

3point

I'm looking for a good antelope unit for my teenage son. I call operators every year but I am looking for some of your personal experiences(good or bad) that may help me narrow our options. I know next to nothing about antelope hunting so any advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance
3point

Are you only considering a CWMU? Any points?

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

He has two points. I've considered Pine Valley or SW Desert, but as I'm not an experienced antelope hunter I thought CWMU would be the best way to go.

I can't help you at all with a Utah antelope tag, but if you just want to get your son a big game hunting (antelope) experience, I would suggest you not rule out a Wyoming antelope hunt. I did that with my son when he was 12 and we had a blast on a left over Wyoming antelope tag. My son got a nice buck and we started a hunting legacy together that has lasted over a decade. He will always be my favorite hunting partner. Good luck

+1 littlebighorn- and they have pictures to prove it (legacy)!

Wyoming has a bigger healthier population than Utah with a better chance at shooting a B&C buck.

However, if you are limited to Utah then there are some good places to go and have a blast. I would recommend SW desert or the Deseret. I have hunted the SW desert and had a great time, but have only heard stories about the Deseret being an awesome unit.

One thing to consider about CWMU's is that more restrictions apply, such as access, scouting and schedule. A regular unit you have the whole season to hunt. Something to think about.

I don't think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

we operate the zane cwmu, its a great hunt for first time hunters. as long as they can shoot they will get one. qulaity varies most goats are in the 60;s to low 70's we have had a couple 80+ killed off it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom