Antelope decoy?

Jbouler

Do any of you have any recommendations for a good decoy for spot and stalk archery and have any of you had any success with a decoy? I'm looking at decoys and realize there are a good many to choose from.
Thanks, Joe

"If you really want to do something, you'll
find a way....if you don't, you'll find an
excuse" - Jim Rohn

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-16 AT 11:34AM (MST)[p]I have no personal experience with decoying antelope, but I hunt with an individual that swears by using them on all of his antelope hunts.

He uses these . . .

http://www.cabelas.com/product/mont...er%3BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=antelope+decoy

His method is to find a rutting buck with his does, sneak as close as possible and then pop up the young buck decoy. Generally, once the mature buck sees the young buck decoy, he will come running. You can also use the doe decoy to make it seem like the young buck is with a hot doe.

I bow-killed a buck and a doe from the same herd while my brother and I were hiding behind a decoy that he made from cardboard, 1 x's and spray paint. That hideous thing was about 2x lifesize and it worked like a champ.

I've never used a commercially made decoy but was with my cousin at a water hole and he had one set up next to the blind and he killed a fine buck with his bow. I have no idea if it helped that time but it sure didn't hurt.

Zeke

Thanks guys for the info guys!

"If you really want to do something, you'll
find a way....if you don't, you'll find an
excuse" - Jim Rohn

I have used the Montana decoy version while bowhunting. Used it to help stalk.

Worked great on gettting small to Average bucks into range. The big boys had a feel good zone around 60-100 yards. .

This was in august and never got to try in the rut. Having another guy helps incase you need to shoot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom