Antelope question

wackandstack

I am a non resident and would like to bring my two boys to Wyoming to hunt speed goats. What areas should I look at? Are there any areas around Evingston or close to it that we can draw with no points? Any help would be great. Thanks

If you can't find an area near where you want to go that you can draw with no PPs, I'd suggest that you put in for cheap doe tags and do that. It's a fun hunt and you can start buying PPs this year if you want to get into a better unit for a buck in future years. If the boys are youngsters, you can buy youth tags for them on the cheap and even if you have to pony up the full rice they are still real cheap compared to a buck tag.

There is a lot of private land in the Evanston area, but probably access for doe/fawn would not be too difficult. There are some public lands as well, but they tend to get hammered pretty good.

That area of the state is one of the hardest to draw area in the state. Why? Because of alot of Utahns that want to hunt close to home. Go east and north and you will find goats and tags.

Thanks for the help. So I have looked at the numbered map. What numbers are going to be good to try? Again I'm new to the Wyoming hunting and I'm only looking into it cause my boys 10 & 12 want to hunt. Utah has to hard of draws for the youth. They cant even get a stinking turkey tag. Thanks guys

>Draw odds are on the WGF
>website. You need to start
>your search there.

+1
It's really easy to figure out where you will be able to hunt and the points required to do so IF you get on the G&F site.

I agree with other posters, the pressure is close to Evanston because of proximity rather than quality.
A couple extra hours of travel is usually all that separates you from some great hunting.

Zeke

Maybe the way you drive Zeke, but the rest of us it takes 5-6 extra hours to get to units you can draw with no points!

Eastern Wyoming, is the easiest tags to draw, but be careful because you may have to pay a trespass fee to hunt.
Good luck!

I can help you with ALL the info you need. I will trade you info for info on where you whack and stack them muleys in Idaho. Just kidding about needing your hot spot in Idaho. I will send you a PM.

DZ

Have to be 12 to hunt antelope in Wyoming. Your 10 year old would have to wait a few years. We had to go clear to Laramie to hunt with 0 points when I took my son, and paid a trespass fee. However, now that I know, I will not pay the trespass fee again. We only killed one of 3 goats on the land we bought the trespass fee from. The rest was in a walk in access area.

Thanks coyoteslayer. I didn't realize what I was typing until I posted it. He has a few more years until he can hunt big game. Thanks for all the help guys.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom