ANTELOPE SCORE GUESSES?

PaleHorse

8919075_75.jpg

9094073_73.jpg

This is an archery goat my brother took in Wyoming in '08. Any guesses on score. Careful he is tricky. Here is a hint, he is at least 16"

Yup, without a partial front/side view to see the other side can't really tell. If both sides are the same - I'd take him regardless of score - nice buck and huge looking cutters on that one.

As mentioned earlier, unable to tell for sure without seeing the other side.
If he is at least 16" and the other side is the same, then I would guess him to be a B&C buck with those prongs and lower mass. Post more pics.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-11 AT 02:30PM (MST)[p]Come on be daring and take a stab. This is a truely big buck! I will post more pics and the story later today.

For me this buck has the shock and awe factor. Huge pronghorn.

unfortunately it looks like his left side is missing the monster prong.

If the prongs are matching I'll say he is 86.
6 m1
7 m2
4 m3
3 m2
7 prong
16 length
43" Right side X 2=86

Without the other prong I'll say he is still an 80 inch gross scoring buck

Tell us some more of the story on the hunt

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-11 AT 03:32PM (MST)[p]I have him at 84-86 as well, less if other prong gone as it appears. Great mass at the bases but average at the top for mass. Great goat with awesome character.
Don

Ok so here we go. This buck Is what a lot of you suspected.He was killed in an average unit on an exceptional year.

Opening weekend my bro and his wife sat one of our water holes. This buck came in first thing opening morning. My brother suggested that his wife pass the buck,so she did.Later that day she got very sick and they headed back to Utah. There were many nice bucks hitting this hole and he felt there was still a better chance at other mature bucks.

Over the next week tempatures soared and by friday night we were back in Wyoming.This time it was just Dirk and I. The next morning we were in the blind well before light. Lots of 75" type bucks and does were drinking at first light. This boy came in around 9 am. I was sitting behind Dirk shaking and breathing hard telling him to shoot! This buck drank for 10-15 minutes and my brother elected to pass once again. I was bummed he was a big buck. I wanted him to shoot it but he and I both knew there were other good goats around. The rest of that day was pretty uneventful.

Sunday morning we decided to got to a blind at the far end of the unit. It was an hour drive from camp. This hole had a Very large buck hitting it somewhat sparaticlly. We got there a little late. and as we walked up we were heart broke to see the hole completly dry. It had a good amount of water in it the week before. Between the temps and the cattle it was now gone.

We are now making a mad dash to the first hole. We get there about 8:00 and get in the blind. Nothing has came in at all and it is noww just after 11:00 am. We hear some rocks being kicked and look out the peep hole to see this buck comming in. At this poin Dirk is shaking and breathing hard telling me he is going to shoot him. The buck didn't even drink before the arrow was sent.Dirk made a great shot and we claimed his prize.

my brother is not really hung up on scores. A mature animal is a mature animal. He elected to pass cause he was broke but after seeing him so many times he fell in love with him. This is one of my favorite hunts with my brother. This buck is a trophy on so many levels, Both size of the animal and The experience of the hunt.

I don't have an exact score. but as is he is around 81"+. When my bro gets time I will get the exact score. Dirk is a taxidermist. He is mounting the buck as is with no repairs. I think a second prong is not needed to prove the size of this buck.

5526072_72.jpg

5971071_71.jpg

6752077_77.jpg

6762081_81.jpg

Notice how squinty we are? It was so fricken bright that day. It didn't hel we had been in a dark blind too.

Congrats on a great buck. What a pig. To bad about the other prong or he'd be way up there. Thanks for sharing the photos and the story.

I would get the other side fixed. That goat would score over 87 inches if the left side matched the right. The score isn't a big deal to me. That is one great speed goat. I would give the goat the credit. Just my opinion. Congrats.

cool story. You guys have a lot of will power! That's what it takes to get nice animals like that.

Thanks for the comments guys! I was going through old pics and couldn't help but to post this.Dirk has killed quite a few archery goats. This one is by far the best.

You have a good point saying to fix it and do the animal justice. I am torn on the idea. T each their own I guess.

Mbogo. how do you know Dirk?

He does all my taxidermy work.
Goats, deer, aoudad, african stuff, doesn't matter. He has never done a mount for me that I am not proud to hang in my home.
His turn around time is good but his quality is even better!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-11 AT 04:36PM (MST)[p]Well, I am sure he would be glad to hear that. I have to brag for him. He is rarely on this site. He doesn't even have an account.I have a job that allows a little more time to surf the web.
Have you ever held this goat when you have been in his shop? He is a big boy.He had a big body too!

Hopefully he will be getting a bigger shop in the near future.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom