Antelope tag for unit 64

seeleymt

Have tags for my wife and myself for unit 64 for this fall, we are going to make a vaction hunt out of this trip, so we are looking to stay in town. Not sure which would be the nearest town to stay in , what suggestions would anyone have? Anything else to pass along would be appreciated.
Brian

Lander would be my choice if I were in hunting that unit and went the Motel route...lots of good places there along with food.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I hunted 64 a few years ago it is a very Fun hunt.As far as staying in town if i remember right it was a good hour drive to get to the area i hunted.I justed camped out when i was there but with the Wife going i can understand staying in town.

I'll likely camp in the hunting unit but stay over in Lander every third or fourth night just for a real shower and good meal.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

That what I was thinking about Lander. Don,t mine a drive in the morning, you can hunt antelope all day.

thanks for all the help Brian

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-13 AT 11:47AM (MST)[p]I also have a couple of doe tags in 64 and was wondering if anyone knows a good place to camp on the unit with some trees to hang a couple of antelope. As I understand it, there are only like 3 trees in the whole unit, lol. If anyone has any tips on where to camp out, it would be much appreciated.

We will be hunting on October 12 and 13, so hopefully all you buck hunters will have thinned out the bucks and there is nothing but does left.

Good luck!

-Ryan.

I reserved one of the three trees by hanging my solar shower bag on it.

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-13
>AT 11:47?AM (MST)

>
>I also have a couple of
>doe tags in 64 and
>was wondering if anyone knows
>a good place to camp
>on the unit with some
>trees to hang a couple
>of antelope. As I
>understand it, there are only
>like 3 trees in the
>whole unit, lol. If
>anyone has any tips on
>where to camp out, it
>would be much appreciated.
>
>We will be hunting on October
>12 and 13, so hopefully
>all you buck hunters will
>have thinned out the bucks
>and there is nothing but
>does left.
>
>Good luck!
>
>-Ryan.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

>I reserved one of the three
>trees by hanging my solar
>shower bag on it.
>
>
>
>>LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-13
>>AT 11:47?AM (MST)

>>
>>I also have a couple of
>>doe tags in 64 and
>>was wondering if anyone knows
>>a good place to camp
>>on the unit with some
>>trees to hang a couple
>>of antelope. As I
>>understand it, there are only
>>like 3 trees in the
>>whole unit, lol. If
>>anyone has any tips on
>>where to camp out, it
>>would be much appreciated.
>>
>>We will be hunting on October
>>12 and 13, so hopefully
>>all you buck hunters will
>>have thinned out the bucks
>>and there is nothing but
>>does left.
>>
>>Good luck!
>>
>>-Ryan.
>
>
>***********************************
>Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club,
>NRA, UWC & DP Hate
>Club

I had my trail cam on the tree first, so it is mine! lol.

I can see it now and it will definitely move the antelope to another part of the unit and you won;t get any good buck pictures, but maybe one or two of Zim in the buff taking a shower at the only tree out there, LOL!

Yes, please move the shower to one of the other trees. I don't want to post my trailcam pics on this site if the only buck spotted is Zim's buck naked a$$! lol

>I can see it now and
>it will definitely move the
>antelope to another part of
>the unit and you won;t
>get any good buck pictures,
>but maybe one or two
>of Zim in the buff
>taking a shower at the
>only tree out there, LOL!
>

Good he!! TG! I just puked a little! LOL

I also like the guy's comment about that tree being his because he's got a trailcam on it. Good stuff right there!

Ya all have fun up there!

Zeke

My son an I will be there too during the early part of October to hunt and watch them rut. Units like this are great to watch the rut since there is minimal human pressure compared to other units and the potential to see a real smoker is right up there. We'll take the third and only tree left.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Hate to tell you boys but all 3 of them tree's have been cut down!! Silly boy wanting to camp in the tree's.....

Yup, I heard that the three trees were finally rubbed down to stumps by the buck antelope sharpening their horns. Not surprised actually, being that they are the only trees in the unit. Sad story.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom