Antelope unit 93?

CABugle

I was considering applying for this unit, but I'm looking for some info. How accesible is the public land? Is it a unit with high numbers of antelope? How is the trophy potential? Is it better hunting early in the season, or wait until there is less pressure later in the year? Is it hard to find a camping spot (with shade)? If I decided to draw a region G deer tag, are there very many deer in that area(unit 93) or are they mostly up higher? Thanks in advance for any info.

CABugle

CABugle,

Click on page 3 here on this Forum and read what was stated back last year on the thread I started about 93.

Brian

I have hunted 93 several times. Lots of public land. Lots of antelope. Some good bucks and alot of average ones. You can kill one about any time of the season. I have hunted it on the opener and late. Killed a 16" buck on the opener three years ago and my friend waited and killed a 16" one in October. Definately less hunters out later on as most guys are chasing elk then but even on the opener the people are spread out. There is plenty of places to pull off the road and camp but not much shade. There is a nice campground at the Fontenelle Reservior if you want one with electricity and bathrooms. Some deer in the area you would hunt antelope but not many. Most guys idea of the best region G deer hunting is not usually where you would be hunting the antelope. If you hunted the north end by LaBarge Creek then you are up closer to where some good deer hunting is.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom