Anticipation for 27

B

bullseye

I have been reading all the Coues Hunt postings and am really getting stoked up for my first Coues Hunt in unit 27 in NM on Dec 6th.

Scouting in area last week revealed a few animals but dry conditions.

The Rifle is ready, the Truck is ready and I am ready!!

Days are going by to slowly!

Appreciate all the advice from my postings from Bura and Vinhunt and Ed Hunter, now it is up to me.

Bill

I know the feeling of waiting etc. I hope the time passes by quick and you shoot a big one. We will be waiting for your story and pictures...... Allen......

where is unit 27 in NM? I hope to get to NM this January, but have not pinned the days down yet..... Thanks, Allen......

Allen

If you look at a NM map go to the extreme southwest corner in the " Bootheel area" adjacent to the Arizona border. It is in the Coronodo National Forest and the Penicillo Mountains.

Unit 27 runs North to I-10 and South to the Mexican Border. A very narrow patch from East to West.

Unit 27 holds Javilina as well as Coues and Mule Deer. Also Desert Bighorn Sheep. Lots of private land however the Coronodo National Forest is Public access.

Deer and Desert Bighoen as well as Javilina are all public draw with 75 permits issued for Deer, one for Desert Bighorn and 775 for Javilina which includes units 23-27.

Hope this helps

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom