Antler growth Unit 2B,51 and 52

JFBNORTHERNHUNTER

How is the antler growth in Northern New Mexico units 51, 52 and 2B? I have the First rifle Deer hunt in unit 2B and the late muzzleloader hunt in December. If you have pictures to share feel free to post on this post. The animal I've seen are health but antler growth seems to be the same as last year.

I hunted unit 4 last week and the antler growth for elk is the best I have seen it up there. The bulls had much longer main beams and bigger tops than I have ever seen. The bottom points were weak like usual.

@ NMhunter4life did you have any luck on this hunt. The elk i'll be hunting come from unit 4 depending on the snow fall pushing them down. Thanks for the info.

@Dustindunham good luck to you.

Yes, I had good luck and got my first animal with a bow. It was a blast.

P1010731_zpsd061762c.jpg

Just got back from 2b today, wow is all I can say. Been 8 years since I've been there, tough hunt but saw some absolute giant bucks up there this year! Hunt hard and get off the roads and you'll be happy with the growth this year.

I just call em as I see em!

Hornhunter, did you score on your hunt? Son has first Rifle hunt for deer. Hopefully I can put him on his first Buck! Sounds Like you had a great trip.

Pm sent JFB

lovehunting we went 2 for 3 on this hunt and i will do a write up soon for my nephew who took his first deer on this hunt. It was an amazing time up there. I cant give any info as i have a friend with a later tag there this year. Good luck to your son!

I just call em as I see em!

we got 3 tags for the nov hunt what are the chances of bagging from what you saw

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom