Any '05 Switchback Owners Out There

califhuntn

I'm shooting a Switchback. Having trouble getting it turned right. 26.5" DL. I have it to spec. 33" ata on right side of bow, 7" bh, 13/16" cs, ct parallel timing holes to string, cam lean set @ 1/8" left of nock point with straight edge held on left side of idler wheel, put a Mathews slim line grip to minimize torch. According to the Easton chart my FMJ shafts should be 400's. Bow is maxed out and only pulling 66 lbs. I may twist cables to shorten DL and get poundage right. Still getting left tear. If there spined correctly the only thing I can think of is the shaft may be too long. They are cut 26.5" from nock point to end of shaft.

Any advice?

JR

Yes Ive had one for years. What rest are you useing? Starting point on a dropaway is 13/16, wisker type rest is 11/16th for centershot. You have the bow speced to perfection, dont know why the limbs are not hitting 70. I have a 60 pound Ovation that bottoms out at 57#. Maybe someybody knows why.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-11 AT 09:09AM (MST)[p]
Best bow I've ever owned. Easiest to tune too. The only bow I've ever owned where I could just grip it and rip it and the shot was almost always good. I wish I still had it, but I gave it to a very deserving elk guide.

Sounds like you need to twist that cable up. You might need to adjust the string in the process too, to keep the timing holes parrallel. Make sure you are not getting any cam or idler lean. I also never got mine to tune right ar 13/16" cs. I always made rest adjustments and shot through paper to find centershot. It was usually close, but not right at 13/16".

I'm also not sure about your idler lean setting. I think it might be too much. When setting mine up, I would put a couple extra twists in the right side of the yoke, but not too much. Just enough to straighten it out from the effect of the roller guard pull. When doing the arrow test on the left side of the idler, my arrow would just touch the nock point, not 1/8" left of it.

This may go without saying, but check rest and cables/riser to make sure you are not getting any contact. With Blazers, I had to twist my nocks just a hair to keep from hitting the riser.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom