Any Big Antelope Being Killed?

Snuffy

I had a great response from members earlier this year about antelope units for a NR, thank you for the info. I ended up drawing a Mtn Goat tag here in Co, and changed my Or, choice to a PP.
Would love to see some antelope success pictures.
Thank You
Rick

I drew Warner #1 this year and killed a fairly nice buck. I will try to post a few pictures here shortly. Two days ater my antelope hunt I had to move to West Virginia so the camera SD card is in route here. So once I recieve my camera SD card I will be able to post pictures.

I love hunting antelope, I have a Co, doe tag for this year but that is the first week in Oct,.
Yes please post any antelope kills.
Thank You
Rick

Here are a couple from Warner #2
7104img_2144.jpg

1204img_2130.jpg

Great goats! I do have to admit I am a little dissapointed in the responses however. I am setting on 15 points as a resident and I'm not too excited to hunt antelope yet. I think I need to wait for a few more years. It seems there hasn't been very many big bucks taken lately in Oregon. At least I haven't heard of many.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-12 AT 07:06PM (MST)[p]Here is a buck my daughter got this year with the Gerber youth tag.

6db882507385f7c66443d765f9411318.jpg

c9f84b2ccd8bc90ddacad655ddde484d.jpg

If you take your kids hunting when they
are young you wont be hunting your kids
when they get older!

Gerber is a "bad" tag or at least a different hunt and probably not the best to have a "youth" hunt in.

Knowing how difficult that tag is to fill.....

NICE JOB by your daughter!

While I agree that the Gerber unit may not be the best unit for the youth hunt I believe there very well may be a State record antelope in the unit. I have seen a couple that I know will go 90"+. It is difficult to hunt because they like to live in the junipers and the numbers are low compared to what I saw in the years past. I would like to see them open a youth tag in the Warner or Steens.

If you take your kids hunting when they
are young you wont be hunting your kids
when they get older!

Back
Top Bottom