Any Elk Sheds Yet?

still planning on trips later, and in MT we still have a coule weeks to wait, plus the couch felt so great! Find the horn Goose!

I live up in Northeastern Colorado and I did see a bull last Friday that had dropped a few days before...but 90% still packin. The bull that dropped was the small six out of the group.. the bigger ones still packin. Kind of weird but i'm still seeing alot of bucks still packin. Still a lot of snow though in certian spots at 7500ft. I'll let you know when I see the majority comming off.

all of the elk i have seen are still packing I seen one bull tonight that has lose both of his horns.

I had two in the yard today that had dropped already and two still packin. Havn't found any yet but i'm going to take a hike behind the house this weekend. Yesterday I saw a group of nine and three out of the bunch had dropped already. So there starting..seems to be a little earlier than last year. Keep ya posted on the northern Colorado elk..

Watched this guy drop this morning Friday the 12th of March at 6:30am...as of 4:20pm he still holding the other side..guess he likes being a little heavy on the right side..i'll keep you posted if I see the other side before dark.

6927dscf2131.jpg

7253dscf2130.jpg

3332dscf2133.jpg

Went out this morning and found the otherside to the bull that shed off yesterday. Found this one in my pond. Now just waiting on the other two bulls to shed off..pic at the bottom is both together with my kids. I messed up on my last post..it wasn't Friday it was Saturday the 12th..need to learn how to read a calender I guess.This is Sunday the 13th. Got a few inches of snow this morning..later MM'ers...

402dscf2134.jpg

5958dscf2135.jpg

9423dscf2140.jpg

coloradothinkinidaho , That is a awesome picture of the shed antler and the bull in the background . Pretty cool to be able to get a picture like that .

Colorado thinkin of leaving, that is an awesome pic of the shed and the bull!
I was amazed this morning. I saw 6 bulls all shed out, drove a little farther and saw 2 bulls, one still packing. Watched him leave a field with both sides, enter some trees by a house, and come out into a meadow above the house without his antlers. Drove a little farther and saw 7 raghorns still packing. It's a couple of weeks early from when I normally see elk dropping.

My brother found a nice 6 pt set on 2 days ago. We found 5 bulls and it looked like 2 were still packing. Oh yeah we are in Utah.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-11 AT 08:29PM (MST)[p]i found a brown elk today by the road while out looking for bulls i am also still seein lots of bucks still packin.

where i am in utah most of the elk out here have already dropped its crazy i never thought they dropped this early

i'm in northern utah and i see about 20-40 bulls on a daily basis and only one has shed out. he looks somewhat sick and shed out last weekend but some a hole went and got the sheds while the bull was still within 50 yards or so and ran the bull out. all others bulls are still packing.
sheds
deer-73
sets-6.5
elk-2
sets-0

well most of the oquihr bulls have dropped and for that matter been picked up i would say i have seen about 50 bulls and 40 have dropped its crazy

i saw my bulls yesterday and 50% are still packin
they never saw me and i think its the farthest i've ever picked up elk in my spotting scope.
i was amazed to be able to make out racks on 60x
found one i missed last year from the road lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom