Any Mule Deer Governors Tag's Filled?

Heard one of the tag holders was being way to picky. Had a couple deer in the 220 class that he was not interested in and passed. As the hunt went on he changed his mind and the bucks could not be found.

TT

Oh yea, I also heard he was trying to get the Game and Fish to extend his hunt until next fall, because he couldn't find anything big enough.

TT

or maybe cause he broke his arm well hunting! Better get your facts straight before u say stuff like that.

Ute, thanks for putting out the facts.

Pretty hard to hunt with a broken arm. Hope they give him a little slack.

Lots of guys just automatically hate Gov tag holders.

Ute and Paul, You guys must have me pegged wrong. These guys put a lot of money into this state, and they deserve to kill a monster!! But when he has taken a buck at 270" plus and 250"plus, how much more picky can he get. He has killed two awsome deer that I know of.

ya but he broke his arm well hunting. Broke it bad so he asked for a extention not cause he was not seeing big bucks!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-11 AT 09:09AM (MST)[p]I wonder if someone twists their ankle, say on a 5 day elk hunt. Think maybe they can get another 5 days?

I know a guys whose Wife's Grandmother died during his deer hunt, should he have called G&F to see if maybe he could continue his hunt next year?

--Bill

You know with all the money that other residents and non residents submit for a permit surely this guy does not give more money than them. My point is big shot or not it should be treated equal, after all I thought it was about management/ habitat funds not about who spends the most amount of money and if he does not see what he likes he gets an extension.
We all don't see what we want sometimes its our choice to choose what we are going to do about the situation.
Ha sometimes things are rediculous. I do feel bad for the guy breaking his arm thats not fun at all, but sheesh.

I talked to a guy this fall who drew a gila 16a 3rd season elk tag in 09. He was from Oregon and drove down and after the long road trip his back went out and he never got to hunt one day! Sometimes bad things happen and our hunts don't work out but seasons are seasons no matter how much money we have! Its sucks but life ain't always fair. Nothing against the gov tag holder and I feel bad for his broken arm but we all have to play by the same rules, at least I hope we do.nwhunter

Gov Tag holder is up our way in the NW, my buddy was taking him out yesterday after a monster he had been seeing a few days in a row. I cant give any details because that is all I know. I tried calling him today but got no answer, I am guessing they are still after him. Good luck to the hunter.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Gov. Tag buck is down. He hit the dirt Sunday. I hear there are a couple pictures floating around but I have yet to see any. The tag holder hasnt really given the go ahead to start releasing them. He went 215 and some change.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

>Where do they have the picture
>posted? Was it Gisi or
>Brown?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-11 AT 09:59AM (MST)[p]>>Where do they have the picture
>>posted? Was it Gisi or
>>Brown?

Sorry boys first time on MM. We killed the buck Sunday morning.

9220img_0923.jpg

Nice buck Dave,

Went down to the last day. Way to get er done.

Outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom