ANY OUTBOARD MECHANICS?

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Wondering if We have any OutBoard Motor Mechanics around MM or has anybody got a Friend that works on YAMAHA Outboards that might be able to get Carb Jets a little more reasonable than Me buying them from Yamaha?

I can tell you Right here & Right now YAMAHA/JAPS are Bending me over & but Proper on Parts!

1997 YAMAHA 130 HP 2 Stroke Oil Injected

4 Main Jets

4 Main Air Jets

4 Pilot Air Jets

JUDAS!

I'll just Bend Over!

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

I would go on line. You shouldn't have a problem beating the price of your local dealer.

Right at 300.00 for 12 Itsy Bitsy Brass Jets!

One more Reason not to Buy a JAP Built item of any kind!

I don't see an aftermarket Choice anywhere Either?

Hang in there!

Have you tries iboats.com ? They seem to have good prices.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

bess, I bought a little 9.9 Mariner from Walton Marine about 14 years ago. Guy seemed on the up and up. I haven't had a single problem with this motor other than cleaning fuel residue from inside the filter housing the next spring after the duck hunt when I want to go fishing again. Only happened twice hehe. give him a try , he is up around 3200 south and 500 east in SLC. If you remember Walton Plumbing, this guy is there uncle.

>Have you tries iboats.com ? They
>seem to have good prices.
>
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but saddling up anyway."

I did tail!

They offer like 3 items total for a JAP/YAMAHA 130 Outboard!

Hang in there!

check to see if it has gas........LOL
good one , haven't heard that one in a while.HHAAAHAHAHAHAAA
Yes, I am easily amused.

Bess, are you replacing them or just re=jetting for specific altitude?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Well!

Since Snort is the only one not being a SMART-ASS!

I normally like to Re-Jet Engines to Run in the 4,000-8,000 Elevation Range here where I live!

Lake Powell would be as Low as I'd ever Run a Boat & Flaming Gorge is gonna be about as High as I'd ever Run one!

Most anything you Buy will be Jetted at Sea Level,and they Run on the Rich side here!

It'd probably Run Fine with the Stock Jets also!

Here's what worries me,I've seen it many times,I built performance Engines for over 30 years as a Hobby!

During my life I've seen it many times where some JACK TARD decided a Tip Cleaner for a Torch Tip was the Tool to Clean or Bore Jets a little Bigger,HELL SAKES,We need smaller Jets at this Altitude,NOT Bigger!

I've also seen where they decided a Drill bit & a Drill was the way,JUDAS!

Probably check them as close as the TARD Eyeball & Gauge will let me & if I can't see ant TAMPERAGE I'll Soak the Carbs for a couple days & Rebuild with new Carb kits!

There ain't nothing more TEMPORMENTAL than an OutBoard Engine,Well maybe a few of these MM'ers!:D

I've got the Engine Tore in to every piece it'll come in & almost ready to put her back together!

Just thought if I could Buy New Jets for a Reasonable Price I'd replace them rather than Wonder Who's done what with them!

They average 25.00 a piece for 12 of them = 300.00 for no more than 5.00 worth of Brass!

Thanks YAMAHA!

Hang in there!

Tellin ya Bess, give this guy a call. Might be what ya need??
http://utah.citysearch.com/profile/10378213/salt_lake_city_ut/walton_marine.html#{"history":{"tab":"detail","rtab":"webTips"}}

Bess, I to always messed with the jets on my dirt bikes, from sea level at the dunes to 8000' you gotta re jet to run right.. Since it's a 130 HP I'm assuming you prolly got a kicker motor to troll with and the 130 will spend 99% of the time at full throttle, if that's the case I'd just do the main jets and save some money..

Also I'm betting they are so expensive because they are "marine" items..I'd try cross refrencing the numbers and see if they don't make the same jets for dirt bike carbs...I used to pay like $5 for these back when I was racing..I don't know a whole lot about outboard motor but since it's a Yamaha I was just wondering if it's a Mikuni carb? If so I bet you can get the jets much cheaper somewhere other than a marine shop/dealer..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I hear Ya Snort!

Where is AyA when you need him?

Hang in there!

At this juncture in your MM career, what is the point of you denying that you were trying to convert your outboard over to a "belcher" and..... farked it up!

Come on Bessy...."The truth will set you free!"

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

>Have you tried a front end
>steering stabilizer on it yet???
>

Not yet NVB!:D

Weight that DODGE Stabilizer & Price it per ounce!

Then take 300.00 & divide it by 12 for less than 3.00 worth of JAP/YAMAHA Brass Jets!

------------------------------------------------

Easy Nicky!

I can make a BELCHER Run!:D:D:D

Hang in there!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom