Any word on Tag Quotas?

That was the way I understood. Guessin we might know by Monday, unless someone on muleys went to the meetings and knows. Gettin excited for results.

I was just getting ready to post this same question. I sent an e-mail to one of our CAB chairmen asking him for info on the outcome of the quota rec's. Haven't heard anything yet.

had to leave the meeting at noon so wasn't there for deer and bear.
But what I do know is.
Antelope as proposed.
minor changes to elk.
cow tag adjustments in lincoln and white pine.
161-164 early rifle 10 instead of 8 proposed.
Sheep as proposed execept 8 tags on stonewall instead of 10 proposed.
Waiting for a phone call to get decisions on deer.
Discussion before i left was it sounded like Humbolbt county was going to stay at 2011 levels on deer.

Nvdrhntr, when you say minor changes to elk, do you mean minor compared to last years quotas or minor changes to recommendations, meaning a big increase in tags. Thanks for giving us updates. I have been really curious this year with the proposed increase. I thought the increases seemed a little out of line, but really curious. Thanks again.

well the way I understood it, they went with tag numbers very close to what the dept. recommended for anterless elk, which would be higher than last year. However, they swapped the numbers from early to late on those hunts so that now most of the
cow tags are late so as to reduce hunter congestion for the rifle deer hunters.

ok, got the info but don't hold me to exact numbers.
bear quotas as proposed. not much controversy apparently.
deer.
Total buck tags on any legal weapon were reduced to about 13,000 and some from the 15,000 and some as proposed on resident.
Humboldt and lincoln got reduced from proposed and eureka got a small reduction.
doe tags approved as proposed except for humboldt. doe tags reduced there.
nonresidents adjusted to match the formula for resident tags.

Elko paper said that several advisory board members resigned after the vote that approved most of the tags. No specific numbers were listed.

It's funny how other western states are cutting tags while ours nearly doubled.

>Does anybody know when the Commission
>will post the approved Tag
>quotas?

wish those guys the best!!
I hear what they'er saying...time will tell as stated above!
Now am sure I'll draw!

Well, tag numbers almost doubled in my areas. While I think the increase is a bit much, I'm glad to see that the biologists are getting to manage the deer. Hopefully they are on the right track. Time will tell. Hope I draw!

Don P

Statewide rifle tag increase 5,582 "any legal weapon" buck tags. 1536 tag increase on archery. Didn't look at m-loader. What, two thousand or more increase in just cow elk tags? (Just glanced at it).

Damn.

Its going to be congested and swarming. Especially in archery season. That seems to be when everyone with a tag is out scouting for their October/November seasons.

If you got healthy legs, head for the hills. Try to avoid the ATV/OHV/ mechanized infantry...lol.

No kidding, I am up for the increased opportunity being as I have struck out on the draw the last two years. The wildlife commission has been managing the deer for the last few years with negative results, lets see how the professionals do it lol. I think that we will be in shell shock for the next years recommended deer quotas if all goes as planned by the biologists so enjoy it while you can.

Which units got hit with the big increases?

It appears as though my units didn't increase much if any.

LAST EDITED ON May-17-12 AT 07:34AM (MST)[p]Big 6 and parts of 7 both went up considerably in the Any Legal Weapon category. THe easiest way to see the increases is to open 2 separate windows and open last yeasr quotas in one and this years next to it so you can compare. Prepare to be shocked in a few areas haha

LAST EDITED ON May-17-12 AT 01:07PM (MST)[p]Dang. I spoke too soon. It looks like me (4pts) and my brother (8pts) have the Big 6's Late listed as one of our 5 choices. The Any Legal Weapon hunt was tripled in tags and could create a dilema if we would draw--still highly unlikely to draw. I would keep the Late tag if I drew even with the tripled quota.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom