Anybody else have my luck in Utah?

troutsniffer

I put statewide archery deer as my 1st choice and didn't draw. Anybody else not draw? It seems strange to not be on the front for the 1st time in a long time.

You are not the only one, 6,999 others are in the same boat! Just wait til next year when ???????. You can thank the Wildlife Board and their efforts to improve QUALITY! Why not chase elk on the front!

That many people put archery as a 1st choice? I'm not going to complain too much this year because I did draw a Wasatch muzzleloader elk tag.

That sucks. But I know you will have fun chasing bulls around up there this year. I still need to hook up with you up there.

PM sent Elkkrzy. Maybe next year I will go to an SFW banquet and bid on a general archery deer tag. Did they ever say what they plan on doing with the Wasatch Extended hunt next year?

where are you getting your numbers UT1031? The 7000 tags that they reduced this year came out of the general rifle/muzzleloader allotment. General Archery deer tags remained at 16,000, same as last year. I know last year all the archery tags went in the draw but all who put it as their first choice drew. I figured their would be a few more applicants this year with it being the last for "state wide" hunting. It will be interesting to see how many people applied for archery as their first choice when the numbers come out. I doubt though that there were 7000 more applicants than tags. On the brightside, those that didn't draw will have a preference point for next year and will be ahead of us without one when we have to "pick a unit". here is a link to an article about the numbers:

http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/news/42-utah-wildlife-news/535-board-approves-big-game-permits.html

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom