Anyone else?

TerynItUp

My fiance bought me and OTC archery elk tag for Colorado so I did some scouting this weekend. I was in SW Colorado at about 10,500' elevation and it felt like September 1st. After a sleepless night due to some vocal bulls (yes in July) I woke up to frost on the grass and a morning full of bugling bulls. I couldnt hardly believe it, anyone else hearing bulls talking already?

Here are a few pics from my trip....
9054dsci0510.jpg

I really need a spotting scope, the vortex binos dont do so good for pictures.
938dsci0517.jpg

3450dsci0520.jpg

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Dang man sounds like ya had a good weekend...wish i could have gone..Looks like there getting rain in 6 so i think a scouting trip to the wilderness is good idea if ya want to go..

God what beautiful country! I envy you guys that are close enough to your hunt areas to scout like that or even better live right where you hunt!

Teryn
Good luck on your hunt. I hope for your sake those bulls don't lose their voices by the time hunting season gets here.

Elk are very vocal animals...year round.

I think they just tend to shut up when people swarm up there and they get pressured in the fall, that's why there's the assumption that they're only vocal during the rut. Add up how many hunters get into an area from bow hunts, muzzy and on into rifle seasons and it only makes sense.

Although, when they're ruttin, sometimes they just can't help themselves.

Man, I wish I had more time to spend out there...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom