Anyone financed mount?

H

huntinghighhills

Does anybody have any experience with Trophy Funding for financing their mounts? Anyone know about it?

Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually spoke with one of the reps yesterday for them and got all the info I needed. Thats a pretty sweet program they have. I also talked to my taxidermist and he was well informed about their company and was pretty excited to use them. He gets paid up front and I get to buy a better mount for monthly payments. Why the hell didn't I think of this?

I just pay a deposits to my taxidermist then make payments to him till its done then pay the balance if there is any,no interest I'm sure most taxedermist would do it this way.

>I just pay a deposits to
>my taxidermist then make payments
>to him till its done
>then pay the balance if
>there is any,no interest I'm
>sure most taxedermist would do
>it this way.

I do the same with all my taxidermists.

I've spent way beyond my means for hunting and taxidermy.

Looking back from a 55 year old perspective, and of course it is only my opinion, if you're financing taxidermy, you are playing way out of your league.

Nothing I can think of is as worthless from a financial perspective as taxidermy, Hell most of it is illegal to sell once you've paid for it.

It once consumed my life and I'd be a hypocrite to condemn others wanting to fill a trophy room with exquisite mounts.

My memories in the outdoors are priceless, but if I were to do it all over again, I think I'd spend that money on a cabin on a special river somewhere...

That is valueable wisdom right there!

I'd much rather spend my money on tags and time in the mountains. A rack in the shed and photos go along way with memories.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-15 AT 09:45PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-15 AT 09:43?PM (MST)

Seems like there was a time when just the antlers/skull cap on a nice plaque looked pretty good. I've found European mounts suffice and they are cheap. I did get one mounted four years ago. Got a half price deal because I worked with the taxidermist's wife. Shot the best buck of my life the other day and he'll be a European mount--just paid for a truck...

But as said above, I wouldn't begrudge anyone their mounts. If I had the money to burn and a place to put them, I'm sure I'd have more.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom