Anyone go A-zone?

Blueoak

Very Active Member
It was not to hot. We didn't see much and hunted real hard. I did get a 18 inch fork. Nice fat buck. Still got another tag to get me through the season. I will settle down and try and find the four point I saw earlier in the year.

Ya temps were not too bad . Backpacked in Friday and set up camp , ended up packing in further than I would have liked . Brother missed a monster 22" HEAVY buck running with a smaller buck .I only saw one buck , nice 18" 3 pointer , was spindly though so passed on him . Watched a large bear for a while through the spotting scope and when the temps got too warm headed for the river and swam with the river otters . Was a great trip except the part where my brother almost sat on a rattler , luckily the snake didn't strike . Congrats on the buck .

One of my hunting buddies was out at their hunting camp over the weekend. His son got a real nice 3x3 and his father-in-lay took a decent "forkie", left a smaller one for his grandsons to try and get.
Don't know the measurements of the 3x3 other than it was a nice big one. He son was out looking for blackberries in the afternoon and the buck was right up in front of him standing on the road, how's that for being lucky? Hope the luck stays with him, he is going with us to Wyo. in Oct.

Brian

Ended up with a four pointer with four eyeguards on one side and three on the other. So I guess a eight by seven. Only fifteen inches wide by 18, but a cool looking buck. By best friend shot him in bow season and we lost him. He had a arrow hole in and out right at the brisket. The skin had alot of puss coming out but the meat was fine. I have pictures is someone can post them for me. Zach

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-03 AT 10:47PM (MST)[p]Longbeard,

send me the picture and I will post it for you.

Brian

PS I won't be able to get it up here and posted till the first of next week as I leave in AM for a trip.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom