Anyone have a bad batch of Blackhorn 209 powder?

robAK

Need help. Took my muzzy out to reaffirm drop at various yardages. In the past it had been very accurate out to 200 yds. The only time I had problems was when I left the funnel that snaps on top of the bottle at put the cap on. Was all over the place, so I got another bottle and it solved the problem figuring it got moisture.

Well it's doing the same thing again even tho I got two new bottles in Billings. I've done nothing different and thoroughly clean after every session.

My question is has anyone had problems with new powder? Is there anything I can do to correct this?
My batch is 06071831. I assume thats June 7 2018. Is that too old?

I've shot blackhorn that was 3-5 years old and never had a problem. I did see someone say that it loses strength over time, especially if it's stored in small single-charge amounts. I usually dump mine back in the bottle after the season but a couple times I haven't and never noticed a difference. I never emptied my charges from last season so if I notice a difference this week I will get back to you.

Update: bought a scale and kept bullets from 249.3 gr. and lower. That was the problem:really tight bullets seating. That eliminated the wobble and inconsistency. It's shooting like it had before. Thanks guys

huh????

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Never had a problem with it, I just got back from sighting in my Muzzleloader and the loads I used were some I loading into my easy loaders over 2 years ago and just wanted to use them so I could reload them and no problems at all...
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom