Anyone used a Leupold Ventana Spotting Scope

DUKFVR

Getting ready to get a scope & this one is catching my interest. Has anyone tried one yet? Using it for hunting & target practice. THANKS!

I have, and I can not stress enough "DO NOT BUY THAT SCOPE!" I purchased it for a hunting trip on the 27th of September 2011, by the 3rd of October ( 3 days in to the hunt) it was already going back to the store. We had real high winds one day at 8400 feet and my tripod blew over while I was takiing a piss. A small pice of dirt got into the eye relief thingy and when I tried to close it it tore the o ring inside, making the eyepiece no longer waterproof, the rest was downhill from there. I returned it the day I got back. Spend 200 dollars more and get the vortex viper HD. 15-45x65

~BaldBeaver

>I have, and I can not
>stress enough "DO NOT BUY
>THAT SCOPE!" I purchased it
>for a hunting trip on
>the 27th of September 2011,
>by the 3rd of October
>( 3 days in to
>the hunt) it was already
>going back to the store.
>We had real high winds
>one day at 8400 feet
>and my tripod blew over
>while I was takiing a
>piss. A small pice of
>dirt got into the eye
>relief thingy and when I
>tried to close it it
>tore the o ring inside,
>making the eyepiece no longer
>waterproof, the rest was downhill
>from there. I returned it
>the day I got back.
>Spend 200 dollars more and
>get the vortex viper HD.
>15-45x65
>
>~BaldBeaver

Curious, how would've the Vortex faired better in that situation? Seems the problems you had were your fault, not the fault of the scope.

These scopes are designed to go through somewhat rough conditions, one small piece of dirt should not have done that. Yes it was my fault the scope fell over, but had you seen what it did to the o-ring I believe you would understand, wish I had taken a photo of it. it was horrible. I am not bashing leupold, maybe just a freak thing. the optics quality was decent, not great but decent.
~BaldBeaver

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom