Application Strategy

I am from Utah.

I apply for deer, elk, moose :( righ now.
Wyoming: deer, elk, antelope.
Nevada: deer, elk, antelope, sheep.
Colorado: deer, elk.
Arizona: deer, elk, antelope, sheep.

Not Idaho, but would like to start.
Not Montana, but would like to start also.

Not New Mexico because they are anti Non Resident and DIY.

Nevada resident. Moved here from Utah in 2012.

Utah: Mountain goat (11 points), limited entry elk (13), limited entry deer (2), moose (1), bison (1), and general deer (2).

Nevada: Desert bighorn (1), deer (2), bull elk (1), cow elk, antelope (2).

Colorado: Deer(5).

That is all I applied for this year.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Apply for 7 every year NV, UT, AZ, MT, WY, CO, and TX.

Sometimes apply in ID, KY and AK.

Done with NM until they do something about LO and OF tags, but did draw pronghorn and oryx there.

>Apply for 7 every year NV,
>UT, AZ, MT, WY, CO,
>and TX.
>
>Sometimes apply in ID, KY and
>AK.
>
>Done with NM until they do
>something about LO and OF
>tags, but did draw pronghorn
>and oryx there.

BuzzH, what do you apply for in Texas? Mule deer? Whitetail? Or something else?

>>Apply for 7 every year NV,
>>UT, AZ, MT, WY, CO,
>>and TX.
>>
>>Sometimes apply in ID, KY and
>>AK.
>>
>>Done with NM until they do
>>something about LO and OF
>>tags, but did draw pronghorn
>>and oryx there.
>
>
>BuzzH, what do you apply for
>in Texas? Mule deer? Whitetail?
>Or something else?

I think he's putting in to hunt Tristate!

I live in Utah and apply for everything I possibly can here(OIL, LE,GS,antlerless,sportsman,bear). For Once in a Lifetime I am in for desert bighorn and Limited Entry I am in for deer. I hunt the general season deer and elk every year.

The only other states I put in for are Arizona and Colorado. In AZ I put in for deer, elk, sheep, bear and antelope and in CO just deer and elk. I would like to apply in more states but there is just no way considering that in the 3 states I do hunt I average about 45 days a year hunting not including scouting days. My wife would probably be a little upset if I told her I was adding more states!

My application strategy is a little different than most. With the exception of the once in a lifetime sheep hunts and AZ antelope I only put for hunts that have a good chance of drawing with less than 5 points, usually even less points than that. I would much rather get to hunt a "lesser" unit every year or couple of years than to hunt a "premium" unit once in my life.

I am from CA(hopefully not for much longer!)I started out going to UT for over the counter deer 27 years ago, then started applying for Elk in AZ 20 years ago, adding a state every year or so as my ability to do so went up until now I have been building points in CA,UT, AZ, NV, for everything, CO for Deer and elk, MN have applied for everything(not always), WY for deer and elk for the past 2 years and antelope for the past 4. I have been lucky beyond what I should have in NV, and AZ. In CA and Utah I try and go for easier tags, in general archery deer hunts, over the counter archery hunt in AZ. If I draw UT elk this year with 13 points I will have used up most of my decent chances for a while. Not sure what to do after that!

Live in CO now and apply for everything.

From AZ, so I have a Lifetime License from their and apply for everything.

Usually just elk in NM, sometimes deer.
Utah for Deer, Elk, Sheep.
WY for Elk, deer, lope.
NV for elk, deer, Sheep.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom