Archery - 101E Mulie & 071,061 Bull first time!!!

dancermatt

I decided to put in for Archery MD and Elk and got both. Now the problem is can I do both and if not, can I give back the Mule Deer tag? I'm going to need help with my Elk hunt for sure. DIY...Drop Camp if I can afford it, back pack in, etc. All depends on money. Darn money. I'm just so excited and just started working out..much easier when there's a reason...for me that is. Start training with the bow, making lists, etc. Love it all.

I would keep both tags. There is plenty of time to hunt the deer hunt around the elk hunt.

As for the elk hunt - it is not a traditional "pack in" type area. I am not sure of many, if any, places that are more than 1 mile from a road a truck cannot get to. I have hunted it a few times. You should have no problem finding elk. I have seen some big bulls, but it does not have the density of big bulls that other units have. But there are lots of bulls. I think the key here is to find those little spots that are "hidden" from a road just enough to keep most people out.

Aluey, thanks but I didn't see the PM, could you please resend?
Mevertsen, thanks for the info. I'm going up 2 or 3 days early and scout. I think I'm keeping both tags and going to try getting into 101 if I get into good enough shape or into the Rubies, Gletchner area for my early Mulie.

That's nice to hear someone else is in kinda the same boat as me. Too many tags and too little time and money! I also drew the archery 061,071 tag for elk. I also drew a 141 rifle antelope and an 051 rifle mule deer! That's just for Nevada! As a NR and trying to go early to scout just isn't going to be possible, I too could use a little help if anyone is willing to give out some places to look for elk. This is my first outta state archery hunt and I am so excited I can't hardly contain myself!!! Come on guys help a brotha out!

180SST - PM me. I can help you out on the antelope, (live in the unit and have a doe tag this year - got a buck in 12). I know 051 a little bit so I can give you some general info. I can also give you some pointers on elk.

180sst, I haven't made up my mind yet but my thoughts are to put my available time/effort/money into the Bull tag. When do you plan on going up there? I'm going up 2 or 3 days early to get the lay of the land, scout, maybe do some fishing as well. Matt

"If we lose freedom here, there is no
place to escape to. This is the last stand
on Earth."

I too will only be able to get there a couple days in advance to scout. I'm doing as much research online as I can find. I have a few maps I've been going over as well. I put a call into the biologist but only left a message, and have not received a return call yet. The best way is to actually talk to these guys on this site! These hunters are the best most helpful info you'll get if and when they give it. I have never archery hunted elk and this is the hunt i am most excited about! i hope we both do well. good luck

I was given Carie Hueber...was that the name you had? I called, the VM Message said "check NDOW site before asking me anything. No call back yet. I think I'm going up Aug 13 to scout, set up. Can't wait.

"If we lose freedom here, there is no
place to escape to. This is the last stand
on Earth."

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom