Archery antelope dates?

PaleHorse

Does the archery antelope always start on the 15th of Aug. reguardless of what day of the week it is? I am trying to plan my vacation. We have to pick a whole Years worth in febuary! :(

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-12 AT 12:37PM (MST)[p]Good to know, the area I am putting in for the last couple of years has started on the 15. I have max nr points and just wan to cover my bases, Thanks for the info!

Units 1-5 and 17 open on Aug 15. All the others open on Sept. 1. They close when the earliest any antelope season for the Hunt Area opens. Highlight "HUNTING" on the F&G homepage and then click on "Rules & Regulations". Then click on Antelope and it's the last paragraph dealing with archery seasons after all the seasons for firearms are listed.

Better check that...

The way I read it 1-5, and 17 open SEPT 1.

All the rest open August 15.

Slisdexia rears its ugly head.

You got that right, LOL! I don't know how I turned them around like that. 64 year old brain fart I guess!!!

Thanks guys. I posed this question because when I called the G&F other day I got a sweet little 100 year old lady on the phone and she had no idea what I was talking about!

I refered to the Booklet and the web site. I believe that it does in fact start on the 15th. Thanks again for the help!

That was probably the F&G Director you talked to, LOL! Just kidding!!! Yep, if the unit you're interested in is other than 1-5 or 17 it would start on 8/15, regardless of what day of the week it falls on.

I can't wait to hunt it. In the last 5 years our group has taken 3 83+" goats one of wich is a monster 87" buck. 2 years ago my brother killed a buck that is 83 with one prong broke off! So my goal is set high! Its a good area, i just can't wait to have a chance to hunt it myself!

thats funny stuff about the director!lol. she was nice just kinda clueless

palehorse - I would love to see some pictures of those 80" goats. I've killed a few bucks with a bow and can't hardly stand to hunt antelope any other way.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-12 AT 12:22PM (MST)[p]I don't have any pics of the big buck on this computer. But I am not blowing smoke he is huge. It was killed off the same seep as my brothers 2 years before.

Here are a few of my brothers goat. He is 16" long and has cutters from hell! He mounted him and his wifes 78" buck on a double pedistol for the big expo next week. I will post pics of them later at the expo.

4099dirk.jpg

2074dirk2.jpg

8978dirk3.jpg

Now that I think of it, it is moe like those bucks were killed with in the last 7 or so years. How time flys as you get older!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-12 AT 12:54PM (MST)[p]He passed this buck on opening weekend because he was broke. The next weekend he passed him again! I was in the blind with hin the second time. i wanted to punch him in the back of the head! We went to a different water hole the next day and it was dry. So we went back to the orianal one and were in the blind around 8:00am this is the first buck that came in. It was around 11:30 and this time there was no passing! He has a B&C gross score as a broke buck!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom